Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I'm so excited for my little turtle's first birthday! Officially, nothing has been planned. But I've been hoarding ideas and in a few days I'll start working on them. And all this excitement makes me wonder...

How did you celebrate your baby's first birthday?

by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Replies (21-25):
TurtleMami
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Lol that's actually the whole reason I picked that theme! I'm still debating getting the standard book, or the pop up with less pages....

Quoting ShesALady: Oohh get the Dr. Suess bday book and have all the guests sign it! I got that idea off Pinterest. They even have a cute poem that goes with it. My baby turns one this month too so I've been planning haha.

Quoting TurtleMami:

The butterfly and lady bug ones must have been so cute! I almost went with pirate for my son, but I changed my mind to Dr. Seuss. Thanks! Have fun planning your little one's b-day!

Quoting srehman: My first Dd was butterflies, my second dd was ladybugs, and my sons I first will be nautical. Although, a "friend" did a pirate themed party for her sons 6th birthday knowing I have done all nautical/pirate stuff since I was pregnant with my son. No biggie I will look up different ocean themed cakes and such. It will be awesome!

Just have fun don't stress too much! Happy 1st birthday!!!!

ShesALady
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I bought the standard. I figured with everyone writing a note it'd be more of a keepsake. The pop up was cute, but only a couple pages.

Quoting TurtleMami:

Lol that's actually the whole reason I picked that theme! I'm still debating getting the standard book, or the pop up with less pages....

Quoting ShesALady: Oohh get the Dr. Suess bday book and have all the guests sign it! I got that idea off Pinterest. They even have a cute poem that goes with it. My baby turns one this month too so I've been planning haha.

Quoting TurtleMami:

The butterfly and lady bug ones must have been so cute! I almost went with pirate for my son, but I changed my mind to Dr. Seuss. Thanks! Have fun planning your little one's b-day!

Quoting srehman: My first Dd was butterflies, my second dd was ladybugs, and my sons I first will be nautical. Although, a "friend" did a pirate themed party for her sons 6th birthday knowing I have done all nautical/pirate stuff since I was pregnant with my son. No biggie I will look up different ocean themed cakes and such. It will be awesome!

Just have fun don't stress too much! Happy 1st birthday!!!!

Lovelychrista
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
My son 1st party was Mickey Mouse because he knows who Mickey is. Everything was handmade by me including the invites. He was really happy to see Mickey Mouse every where.
nussknacker
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Ah, something I had not considered! I dont have any "friends", and my family? Rather not go there :-) I wouldnt have anyone to invite anyway! One xmas, my soon to be 2 year old was so sick he didnt even open his gifts. I saved them for his birthday....:-0

Quoting TurtleMami:

No it doesn't. With school, I'm not sure if I'll still be near my family next year, or the ones soon after. So I just want to go all out for this one, and have lots of pictures to show him when he's older.

Quoting nussknacker:

Just a cake I made. A few gifts, but none of my one year olds were really aware that it was a special day. Waited till they were older to have a few friends over. Guess that makes me a grinch.

TurtleMami
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Aww poor kiddo. I don't really have friends either, but there's a few people I'd like to share his birthday with. After this he probably won't have another party will 7.

Quoting nussknacker:

Ah, something I had not considered! I dont have any "friends", and my family? Rather not go there :-) I wouldnt have anyone to invite anyway! One xmas, my soon to be 2 year old was so sick he didnt even open his gifts. I saved them for his birthday....:-0

Quoting TurtleMami:

No it doesn't. With school, I'm not sure if I'll still be near my family next year, or the ones soon after. So I just want to go all out for this one, and have lots of pictures to show him when he's older.

Quoting nussknacker:

Just a cake I made. A few gifts, but none of my one year olds were really aware that it was a special day. Waited till they were older to have a few friends over. Guess that makes me a grinch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN