Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Birthday

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:42 PM
  • 25 Replies

I'm so excited for my little turtle's first birthday! Officially, nothing has been planned. But I've been hoarding ideas and in a few days I'll start working on them. And all this excitement makes me wonder...

How did you celebrate your baby's first birthday?

by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
srehman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My first Dd was butterflies, my second dd was ladybugs, and my sons I first will be nautical. Although, a "friend" did a pirate themed party for her sons 6th birthday knowing I have done all nautical/pirate stuff since I was pregnant with my son. No biggie I will look up different ocean themed cakes and such. It will be awesome!
Just have fun don't stress too much! Happy 1st birthday!!!!
TurtleMami
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:33 PM

The butterfly and lady bug ones must have been so cute! I almost went with pirate for my son, but I changed my mind to Dr. Seuss. Thanks! Have fun planning your little one's b-day!

Quoting srehman: My first Dd was butterflies, my second dd was ladybugs, and my sons I first will be nautical. Although, a "friend" did a pirate themed party for her sons 6th birthday knowing I have done all nautical/pirate stuff since I was pregnant with my son. No biggie I will look up different ocean themed cakes and such. It will be awesome!
Just have fun don't stress too much! Happy 1st birthday!!!!

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Just a small family get together with a birthday cake and ice cream.

BTW I learned the hard way, stay away from dark color icing.  It may look cute on the cake but this could happen:

LOL!

erikadi
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

My son's 1st birthday was on Easter so it was with just family. He really didn't get into it and he took a nap during it. 

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
We did just family with a cake and ice cream at home and we did Thomas the Train fot his them.
Butterfly8338
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I have 3 kids my olds DS 1st b-day was Mickey Mouse . My DD 1st b-day was Dora my 9month don't know yet his b-day is 3-26

ProudMeof2
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:24 PM

My LO turns 1 on Saturday and we are having a Disney Princess party at our house. She has 2 dresses to wear that day plus a customized shirt. I got customized M&M's to put in her party favors. I am so excited for the party but sad my baby will be 1. Most of the presents we got her deal with Disney Princesses and her big gift is a Disney Princess 4-in-1 Rock n Ride Activity Ride-On. We are going to have a Disney Princess ball pit house set up and like 3 different types of Disney Princess chairs. She found one of them and has been sitting in it since so I just let her keep it out. With my son, his was Handy Manny and we went all out, so it is fun to do it again with my daughter. Can't wait!!!

TurtleMami
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Thank you very much for the tip! I'm in the middle of planning the cake. She still looks cute though!

Quoting nova.mommy:

Just a small family get together with a birthday cake and ice cream.

BTW I learned the hard way, stay away from dark color icing.  It may look cute on the cake but this could happen:

LOL!

TurtleMami
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:01 AM

I thought about doing Mickey, but I'd like to take him to Disneyland in a few years and I thought a Mickey party would be a good way to reveal the surprise. I've seen a lot of cute stuff for Mickey, I bet his party was adorable!

Quoting Butterfly8338:

I have 3 kids my olds DS 1st b-day was Mickey Mouse . My DD 1st b-day was Dora my 9month don't know yet his b-day is 3-26

TurtleMami
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:04 AM

That all sounds so adorable!! Especially the m&m's. Are you going to have guests her age?

Quoting ProudMeof2:

My LO turns 1 on Saturday and we are having a Disney Princess party at our house. She has 2 dresses to wear that day plus a customized shirt. I got customized M&M's to put in her party favors. I am so excited for the party but sad my baby will be 1. Most of the presents we got her deal with Disney Princesses and her big gift is a Disney Princess 4-in-1 Rock n Ride Activity Ride-On. We are going to have a Disney Princess ball pit house set up and like 3 different types of Disney Princess chairs. She found one of them and has been sitting in it since so I just let her keep it out. With my son, his was Handy Manny and we went all out, so it is fun to do it again with my daughter. Can't wait!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)