Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

This is what happened....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok so I am on a dating website and have been for over a year now on and off. I have been chatting with this guy for about three weeks now. We seemed to be hitting it off on the site pretty well so a little over a week into it we exchanged numbers. So we just had our first date and this is how it went.... I showed up at dunkin donuts and texted him I was there. He immediately texts back he would be about ten minutes. Fifteen minutes go by and I text him again to tell him to text me when he got there.(I was waiting in the car) so he texts back he was only a few blocks away. Then five minutes went by and I'm starting to get worried. Who takes five minutes to drive a few blocks? Then he texts me that he was there. Phew! So we go inside and I ordered my cappuccino and paid for it. Then he ordered his sprite and donut. We sat down and talked. Conversation ranged from music and movies to our children and the funny things they do. It was very easy going and pleasant. He gave me a complement on how good I smelled. (Thank you Santa for that new body mist) he had invited me to his place (very clean and tidy) to watch a (horror) movie. He let me pick the movie out and made us both a drink. We both sat there yelling at the dumb bimbo in the movie to not open the door or to turn on the lights and talked a bit throughout the movie. We did not cuddle on the couch After the movie was over I decided it was pretty late so he drove me back to my car at dunkin donuts. He mentioned about maybe getting our two kids together for a play date to which I thought was a great idea. So as we were saying our farewells I lingered a few seconds debating on whether to lean in and kiss him and hoping he would just grab me and kiss me. But no kiss seemed like it was coming so I got out and left. Ten minutes before I got home he messaged me and said he hoped I had got home safe and he really enjoyed our date. He said he thought I was beautiful and easy to talk to and get along with. He also said he wanted to kiss me but didn't know how I would react so he didn't. UGH!!! I shoulda just grabbed him and planted one right on his lips!!! But if I had I probably would've ended up staying in the car with him like a teenager making out and been late releiving the babysitter. Oh well next time for sure!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Texascandee
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Sounds like a good date and maybe more to follow.  I met my SO online and we've been together almost 12 yrs.  Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN