Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you deal with snow days/bad weather days?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Ugh, with all this icy weather and snow, my kids are out of school again after being out for two weeks for Christmas and they're DRIVING... ME... BATTY!!

How do you deal with bad weather days or snow days with your kids?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
nurse1997
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:49 AM

We just got the call no school tomorrow again ugh this sucks !

Runner36
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I do fun projects with my boys, play board games, cards, watch tv shows (well get caught up on them) with my boys.  We enjoy days off...even if they have been off for 2 weeks...I love spending time with my kids and know they won't always enjoy just hanging out with me :( .

Saharra
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 3:41 PM
I'm with you! Our house is pretty small, so we are crammed together. It's one thing if we can play outside, but we've had the last 3 1/2 weeks off because of sickness too. It's been rough. I told DH on Saturday I needed a "me party". Lol. (Yes, I like the Muppets!).
DH and kids are playing catch and chase the ball in the house. I just don't care anymore. I'm going to go clean.
I love my boys dearly and I know this is just a vapor in time. So we do lots of Legos, movies, I time them running down the hall (lol, they love to see who can go faster!), play doh, board games, sometimes the leap pad, read books...
If you have any pudding in the house (the instant jello works well), make pudding paint and let them do it on themselves. (No shirts needed!). And a snack is already done. My boys love it.
Food coloring in the bath tub (not red... It's hard to get out!), and let them play in color. Doesn't take much.
Blowing bubbles out the door and watching them freeze. Taking water balloon and filling them up. Put food coloring in and set them outside. When they are frozen, go back and cut the balloon off. You just made yard art. Have fun! The kids will enjoy it if you are.
cindilou13
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

With great frustration!  We both work, so unless it happens to fall on DH's one weekday/week off, we have to struggle and beg and plead to find someone to watch them for the day.  Don't get me wrong, if them not going to school is the safest thing, then that's the most important thing.  But that doesn't make it any easier to find care for them on short notice...! We have everything worked out for school transportation and before/after school care and plan WAY ahead for breaks, but our options for last minute care are very limited.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)