Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would you pierce baby's ears?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Will you pierce your little one's ears?

Options:

Of course

No way!

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 70

View Results

Will you pierce your little one's ears? At what age would you do so?

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Replies (11-20):
caligirl7613
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:38 PM
no. i made that mistake with my oldest daughter (now preggo with another girl) she was 9 months old. everything was fine until she was about 3 and "discovered" them and wound hair up on the post and actually got hair pulled through the hole itsself. we had to basically have the earring cut out of her ear by her dr. no lasting physical damage was done adn for her 6th birthday she begged for a pair of earrings. i got her 24 karat gold with real rubys. she is 7.5 now and still terrified to wear them. they are in my jewlery box...occasionally she asks to look at them but if you mention her wearing them she nearly has panic attacks. this time i will wait until she is old enough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaxons_mama
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:43 PM
My baby girl is almost 7 months old and her daddy keeps asking when we are going to do it. But I just don't know. My thing is why cause her pain for something that she won't understand. I don't know I'm on the fence about it.
withsecond
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:45 PM
I don't have any girls but if I did, they'd have cute little shiny things on their ears.
Butterfly8338
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Hi ever one. I did for my DD she was 6month she's now 2yr. She loves have things like that on she loves her Neil's panted too.

baby7810
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Yup with my first she was 4 months old and my second was 3 months old
mgm_5
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Yes, both my daughters had it done after i was given the go ahead by the doc...no problems...
slashteddy
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Nope, never. I was against it from the get-go. DD was born with only one earlobe, though, so most family members don't bother to pressure me about it anymore.
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:13 PM
Mine were done as a baby, I decided not to do my daughters. Only reason being because I wanted her to decide when she wanted it done. I don't think it's right or wrong to do it as a baby, it's whatever you want.
TurtleMami
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:07 AM

I had my ears pierced multiple times as a kid and they always got infected. It took forever for someone to ask my mom if she had tried white gold. That and surgical steel are the only things I can wear.

Quoting SerenityBerry:

No. 

My daughter didn't get her ears pierced until her 7th birthday and it will be the same for her little sisters. My reasons are multiple. I had an allergic reaction to the metal of the earrings I was pierced with as a child and I don't want to risk my babies going through that until they are old enough to verbalize to me that something is wrong. I also want them to be old enough to take care of them hygienically by themselves. 

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:13 AM
I took my dd last year right before she turned 7
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)