Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would you pierce baby's ears?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Will you pierce your little one's ears?

Options:

Of course

No way!

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 70

View Results

Will you pierce your little one's ears? At what age would you do so?

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
LeKendria
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Id rather wait for her to tell me she wants them. I know someone who's parents had her ears pierced at a young age and she was upset that they did not allow her to make that choice. She doesnt wear ear rings. On the other hand, im still prego with my one and only daughter and my husband already wants to do it. Time will tell
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:05 AM
I will wait til she is 5 or so like my mom did with me. My dh had his daughters ears pierced at 3 and now she no longer has them. She kept pulling them out in her sleep. I will have them re-pierced when she can show me she is responsible for her jewelry. (I have stepped on many earrings lol.) My old roommate had her daughters done at about a year and she kept pulling them out at night as well. Some of hers we never found so there is fear that she swallowed them.
sissyboogs
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:08 AM

My daughter's getting hers pierced for her 4th birthday in June. I wish we would have gotten them done when she was a baby. 

Memere60
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I was not in favor of having my granddaughter's ears pierced because I had so much trouble with my own ears. Finally let the holes closed up. My daughter said she really to do it, so I just said, You are her mother. You can do what you want. My granddaughter had her ears pierced and got an infection. I did not say, I told you so. We just talked bout what would be best for my granddaughter. I think she was about 3 months old and had them done at the doctor. My daughter came to realize that her daughter needed the expensive gold earrings (not just gold plated). My granddaughter has not had a problem since she has been wearing the REALLY good earrings.

bhow
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:17 AM

No I did not nor would I and I hope our kids don't do it to their babies.

Why?  (I know many will think I'm wrong and that's fine...although I don't think it's wrong for those who think it's okay.)  But, I feel that by doing that is sorta like taking away their right to choose weather or not they want it done.  It's not my right to make that decision.  Many say well...they can take them out if they decide they don't want them.  Okay but, how long are those parents going to "argue" with that little kid and in MY OPINION kindly bully them into leaving them in.  The kid will say please take them out and the parent will be all cutesy with them and say how cute they are and ohh please leave them in for me.... ...I've seen it done, and kept my mouth shut.

CupcakenCookie
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:21 AM
I had it done for my daughter by her second month. No problems.
Paigesmommy78
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Got them done at year
Cozie_Sisika458
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:24 AM
I got my DD5 ears pierced at 6m.
mom23heathens
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:25 AM
All my girls were done at 2 months old. I think it was easier on them. They didn't cry at all either. Later my oldest had another for her 16th birthday and she didn't take care of them so she had some problems. My son had his done as a teen also and was mad at me for not getting his done as a baby.
MommaGreenhalge
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Nope. When she's old enough to ask, to take care of them herself, and to be taken to a real piercing parlor to be done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN