Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is cheating ever justified?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Is cheating ever justified

Options:

Yes

No

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 307

View Results

Some friends of mine are going through a really tough time lately. She cheated on her husband and then he cheated on her. He says he had the right to because "turnabout is fair play" and if she was okay to cheat, then so should he be. I say they both need help and/or a divorce.

Do you think cheating is ever justified?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 7, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 8:59 AM
4 moms liked this
Nope cheating is never justified
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:10 AM
25 moms liked this
I understand some people aren't meant to be together forever. Get divorced. At least get separated first. Especially if [you] have kids. The scorned partner will say something in anger some day and then your kids will know what you did and they're not going to be thinking about how "justified" it was.

And OP, I think what your friend's cheating husband did was worse than the wife: she had her moment of weakness, probably a quick, selfish and thoughtless moment. And then he decided to deal with that by purposely retaliating by having sex with someone else, quite deliberately and quite consciously with the very intention of hurting the wife. Boy, I'm not justifying the wife's actions because she ripped the marriage open but then he went and drop kicked it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Nope.
KeithJ
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:20 AM
4 moms liked this
It's a gut reaction to the devastating emotional pain of a spouse's affair. That doesn't make it right though. They're both in the wrong now.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Hell no

bhow
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

This

Quoting Anonymous: I understand some people aren't meant to be together forever. Get divorced. At least get separated first. Especially if [you] have kids. The scorned partner will say something in anger some day and then your kids will know what you did and they're not going to be thinking about how "justified" it was.

And OP, I think what your friend's cheating husband did was worse than the wife: she had her moment of weakness, probably a quick, selfish and thoughtless moment. And then he decided to deal with that by purposely retaliating by having sex with someone else, quite deliberately and quite consciously with the very intention of hurting the wife. Boy, I'm not justifying the wife's actions because she ripped the marriage open but then he went and drop kicked it.

How2Be

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Hell no.
kellysparkles
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's ever justified, but every couple is different.  I know a couple that "evened the score" by doing just that.

KikiKia
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM
5 moms liked this

No I do not think cheating is ever justified.  If you are swingers, good!  If you have a poly/open relationship with your spouse. Great!!  But the dishonesty of cheating is never OK in my opinion.

jamminmomma
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:18 AM
3 moms liked this

One wrong does not make it right.. just because what she did was wrong he shouldn't have did the same thing that jsut made the whole situation even worse and what did that help .....nothing !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)