Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

weird home remedies

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:54 AM
  • 29 Replies
My Grammy is 92. She noticed I had a pimple on my chin and told me about her brother and how he would pee in a cup, dip a cotton ball in it and rub it in his face for clear skin. I'm still sticking to my proactive because....just no.

What are some home remedies in your family?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuckyLady0427
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Bump
LuckyLady0427
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Bump
LuckyLady0427
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Anyone??
LuckyLady0427
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:12 AM
Bump
korra2013
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:14 AM
The only thing I can remember is using an egg to take away pink eye. Actually it's like superstition. You rub a whole egg over the effected eye then crack it into a glass if it's cloudy it got it if not.. can't remember lol
LuckyLady0427
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:16 AM
That's pretty cool! I'd definitely try it! :-)

Quoting korra2013: The only thing I can remember is using an egg to take away pink eye. Actually it's like superstition. You rub a whole egg over the effected eye then crack it into a glass if it's cloudy it got it if not.. can't remember lol
korra2013
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:19 AM
The other thing I can remember is when I had a sore throat my grand mother made me actually swallow plain honey with lemon juice on a spoon.. gross.

Quoting LuckyLady0427: That's pretty cool! I'd definitely try it! :-)

Quoting korra2013: The only thing I can remember is using an egg to take away pink eye. Actually it's like superstition. You rub a whole egg over the effected eye then crack it into a glass if it's cloudy it got it if not.. can't remember lol
LuckyLady0427
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Ahh yes my mom made me do that too! It worked for like two seconds while it went down my throat...After that...useless

Quoting korra2013: The other thing I can remember is when I had a sore throat my grand mother made me actually swallow plain honey with lemon juice on a spoon.. gross.

korra2013
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh and for Hispanics Vick's vapor rub anything lol

Quoting LuckyLady0427: Ahh yes my mom made me do that too! It worked for like two seconds while it went down my throat...After that...useless

Quoting korra2013: The other thing I can remember is when I had a sore throat my grand mother made me actually swallow plain honey with lemon juice on a spoon.. gross.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:23 AM

My mom's dad would get horrible stomach-aches. The only thing that would help, was if he took a saltine cracker, put mustard on it, and then a ton of ground pepper!! Then he would eat it! His stomach would feel fine within minutes! WEIRD! I KNOW!

My grandma told me that if you got a stomach-ache from eating too much, you take a couple Tablespoons of beer, and add a pinch of salt to the beer and drink it. I tried it once, when I had eaten too much. That stuff made me belch so loud it was ridiculous! But--I felt fine immediately!

My mom says that her great-grandmother (my great-great grandmother) would put some sort of mustard packs on her chest when she would get really bad chest colds and would be coughing so bad she couldn't fall asleep. She would have no problem falling asleep with the mustard pack on her chest, as it really stopped the coughing! She also said her great-grandmother would put Vicks vapo rub on the bottoms of her feet and then put socks on her feet. This helped keep her nose clear and helped with coughing. I have used breast milk on my babies bottom when they've had a really bad diaper rash. Within a few hours, the rash would be gone or gone by morning!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN