Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pelvic inflammatory disease

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

In a 7 year old?  My 7 year old niece has been complaining a lot of lower abdominal pain, fever off and on,  and recently started having green gunky discharge, we have taken her to the Dr at least 3 times in the last 5 months for these symptoms. Due to her history of sexual abuse she has been tested for std's which supposedly came back negative but now the Dr is thinking she might have PID. How do they even test a small child for that? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Bump
Kitty_Myrick
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:02 PM

I have no idea, you'll have to perisher the doctor for more information

happy new year

caligirl7613
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM
i think tht happens when an std goes untreated..one that is hard to diagnose and also has few symptoms like ghonorrea (sp?) or chlamidyah (sp) and so no one knows and it goes untreated and moves into her fallopian tubes etc....and from my understanding once it gets to that stage, an std stest will show up as negative......poor kid :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alicia_Griffin
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:44 AM
I hope the piece of shit that abused her is behind bars!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes he is and my sister gave up custody of her kids. We are now in the process of adopting them.

Quoting Alicia_Griffin: I hope the piece of shit that abused her is behind bars!
BoopBettyBoop
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I wish you the best in getting her the help she needs, both physically and emotionally.  I am sure your family will provide all the emotional help and love that she needs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)