Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

A really long rant ( sorry).

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Almost everyday through my entire pregnancy my my MIL has been sending me long messages about what my husband and I should name our baby. We've tried our hardest to be nice about it and remind her it's our decision and as helpful as she may try to be, her help isn't really wanted... She pretty much ignores it and keeps sending me msgs about how he needs a professional name blah blah blah. We'll about a month ago my husband and I decided on the name Cash which we both love, we weren't going to tell anyone but after the 100th time of her sending suggestions I told her it was already decided. Soo ever since then she has been sending us crazy rude msgs about how the name is bad karma, that my son will grow up to hate us or become a drug dealer. Recently she said "how about you just name him Cash Register so he can rob banks haha", that pissed us both off and my husband pretty much told her go eff yourself it don't want you around or talking to me anymore! This lady has sent me paragraph messages ever since telling me my husband is ungrateful and selfish, how she has no idea why he's being this way and that she's done with him, but still keeps sending me stuff
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:23 AM

delete without reading.

Keep sending her LONG texts or emails full of nonsense. Like Can you imagine someone thinking " that if you name your child  Cash he will become a drug dealer ? I mean like who thinks that way ? Crazy people I tell  ya that's who  ! that's like saying everyone named William will be a success story ! Do you ever wonder where people come up with this crap ? "

Have fun giving her a little back I would have a feild day with her !!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha, good point I think I'm going to start doing that!!
I didn't believe my husband for awhile when he kept telling me how crazy she is and stuff but now I'm not so sure. I feel like if I want to put a whole bunch of random letters together and maybe some numbers in his name that's my business and my kid!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

delete without reading.

Keep sending her LONG texts or emails full of nonsense. Like Can you imagine someone thinking " that if you name your child  Cash he will become a drug dealer ? I mean like who thinks that way ? Crazy people I tell  ya that's who  ! that's like saying everyone named William will be a success story ! Do you ever wonder where people come up with this crap ? "

Have fun giving her a little back I would have a feild day with her !!

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Haha tell her you changed your mind and will be naming him Ixlr8  Right up her alley !!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Hahaha, Sounds perfect!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:08 AM
So modern ;)!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)