Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you know a "perfect" mom like this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 126 Replies
6 moms liked this

Oh, my sister! She's on my LAST nerve! She thinks she's the perfect parent and her kids have never done anything wrong, ever, because of her awesome parenting skills. For example, she gets up at the crack of dawn to prepare for them a full breakfast every day, rain or shine, sick or healthy, and would never DREAM of serving them cereal, oatmeal, or other quick breakfast food. They take their lunches every day and those consist of the perfectly balanced meal of organic food items and she won't allow a single cookie to pass their perfect lips. They're both in sports and play musical instruments and, to hear her tell it, they're the #1 athlete and #1 musician in their respective sport and band division. According to her, they slept through the night from birth on, never spit up, never fussed, never have been sick, and never have complained about a thing or defied her directions. And, no matter WHAT your issue is with your own kids, she has the PERFECT solution to the problem even though, as she'll tell you, she's NEVER had that issue with her kids herself, nor would she ever, of course, because they're perfect and she's perfect and everything is just perfectly perfect.

banging head into wall I'm so sick of hearing about it!!

Do you know someone who is oh-so perfect like her?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adulation
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:30 PM
13 moms liked this
No..lol. thank goodness.

No one is perfect and I think she is setting her kids up for some disappointment when they become adults...

But to each their own.

PJs35
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:34 PM
8 moms liked this

I LOL'd when I read this. Sorry. Thank you for the giggle and I feel for you. She sounds so far below perfect to me. It sounds like she is trying to hard to show perfection that she is foregetting LOVE and just spending time with your kids doing fun stuff like eating popcorn and watching a movie can be more important than playing sports or being a perfect musician. My kids do extra curricular activities but we also spend time doing "fun" stuff like junk fooding it up and being goofs once in a while. Structure and balanced diet are important but kids need a little bit of relaxation and time to just be kids as well.

BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:45 PM
3 moms liked this

Hmmm sounds a little like the mom in "Parental Guidance" and also the sister of the mom in the "Timothy Green" movie.  Almost makes you want to take the kids for a weekend and let them eat all the sugar they want and then hand them back to her!

TRAVELMOM817
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm that mom. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:07 PM
7 moms liked this

I don't know anyone like that thankfully. Makes me wonder what she is really hiding? Hmmm....Lol.

I bet she's knocking back tequila shots when she's all alone at night on a regular basis. Ha! No one is that perfect. She's delusional. Poor thing.

diaperstodating
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
No I don't.
CalicoMeezer
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:13 PM
19 moms liked this
I have a truly wonderful friend who is sweet and a dear. I mean that seriously.

But she is So. Damn. Perfect. All. The. Time. Farm-fresh, organic, local produce and milk. Holistic medecine. Three adorable kids and another on the way. Never seems to want for anything or struggle financially. Stay at home mom, homeschooler. And she honestly never has anything bad to say about anyone, ever.

If I didn't love her, I'd hate her guts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
My mil thinks her daughter and her kids are perfect. She has told me time and time again I need to be more like sil.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:40 PM
This is what she says, but what have you seen? How do her children behave? Have you spent time with them at her house? Have you spent the night over? Many times you get a true picture by observing people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:40 PM
This is what she says, but what have you seen? How do her children behave? Have you spent time with them at her house? Have you spent the night over? Many times you get a true picture by observing people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)