Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

You're only co-sleeping because you're LAZY!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 522 Replies

That's what my sister said to me. She said, "You're only co-sleeping because you're too lazy to get up and go to the nursery to feed or change the baby."

Do you think this is true?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:14 PM
6 moms liked this
Most do. They say they wanna roll over and don't wanna get up and warm a bottle. That is lazy that you don't want to get up.
Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:16 PM
74 moms liked this
I liked to think of it as efficient and a conservation of energy
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:30 PM
29 moms liked this

I won't lie. That's why I did.  Ds had the colic so bad, the more sleep I could get the better I was.  I had 2 other young kids to look after and was functioning on 2 hours a sleep a night.  Yup that is exactly why I coslept. I don't care what people think either.

BlueKWoz
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:30 PM
42 moms liked this

I think it is none of her business why you do it and why others don't.  LIke a lot of parenting, it is up to you to do what is best for you and your baby.

It is not "lazy" to want to get as much rest as possible.

ColieO
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:32 PM
8 moms liked this
I did it because I was too tired to get up and down 10 times a night. That's probably considered lazy. And my daughter wouldn'tsleep otherwise. She'd just scream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this

It's true and their sleep is more important.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:36 PM
3 moms liked this

That is how I felt as well and it would be how i  felt again if the chance came up. screw her.

aimeerd
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:25 PM
15 moms liked this

I did it becasue it made it easer becasue I breastfeed and I got to sleep at night that way.

JaeMommy07
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep. Same with breastfeeding. But we didn't co-sleep for a long time though.

baileymarie723
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:10 AM
5 moms liked this
I coslept with my daughter, but when she was a baby breast feeding didn't work out the way I was hoping because she wouldn't latch correctly and I would bleed every time I fed her so I switched to formula, and when she would wake up I had to get up to get a bottle for her, so I didn't cosleep out of laziness. I coslept with her because when she would wake up in the middle of the night to eat and she would always fall back to sleep before she was done, and if I tried to lay her in her crib she would wake up right away and be up the rest of the night, so in order for BOTH of us to get some sleep it was easier if I coslept with her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)