Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

12 years no RING. WTF

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
How do woman have babies with men that don't settle down with them. Honestly, what kind morals are setting by shacking up and play house. Why bring kids into? This what I said to my sister who keeps asking me how to get her boyfriend to marry her. She dosent want to leave. She says she is happy but he don't think marriage is a big deal. What is there to do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:47 AM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:48 AM
Bump
LitasLuv
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:56 AM
So it would've been better for her to be a single parent?

Sounds like she is trying to do the right thing and work it out and at least have a stable family unit.
Maybe you should tell her to not ask you for advice because you dont agree with her lifestyle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
So your morals are
To talk about her life in a chat room behind her back? Shady... Good thing there's only one true judge!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
She should have moved on long ago. He is not gonna marry her.
srehman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Idk what to suggest. I can just tell you my belief system in this particular situation.
1) if you're with someone more than a year and living together already and there is no proposal, he's not gonna do it. That old fashioned saying of "why buy the cow if you get the milk for free" rings true for me.
2) if she already has kids with him, the probability of him marrying her at this point is slim. Not impossible, just slim.
If she wants to settle down maybe she can sit down and have a talk with him? Find out where they both want to be??? What they expect out of the relationship? Although, this should have been done BEFORE they had children.
Good luck to her
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I got pregnant with my first child when my boyfriend and I had been dating for about 1 year. We moved in together when our daughter was 5 months old. When she was about 1 year old I told him if our relationship was not going anywhere then I had to leave (made sure he knew I would give him unlimited visitation with our daughter beause he's a great Dad and loved her dearly). I gave him time and we were married a few moths later. We ave been married for 10 years now.  

BL2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:31 AM

He's already told her he doesn't want to get married. Why is she trying to change that... There is most likely nothing to do and it's between her and him. I say as long as they're together and both supporting the child(ren) that's all that matters.

cindilou13
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this.  She needs to decide being married is the 'condition' for staying together or if the status quo works for her.  For some just being together and supporting the children is enough, for others its not.

Quoting BL2010:

He's already told her he doesn't want to get married. Why is she trying to change that... There is most likely nothing to do and it's between her and him. I say as long as they're together and both supporting the child(ren) that's all that matters.

Julissa0202
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Applause !!!

Quoting LitasLuv: So it would've been better for her to be a single parent?

Sounds like she is trying to do the right thing and work it out and at least have a stable family unit.

Maybe you should tell her to not ask you for advice because you dont agree with her lifestyle.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)