Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

NO one will hire me!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

hey girls!!

i had to quit my job a few months back bc it was harsh cleaning chemicals and im 27 weeks pregnant now and ive been to at least 20 job interviews no one will hire me! They won't say its because im pregnant but im sure we all know that's why. I've tried applying for financial assistance but they said i need a doctors note saying i can't work... thing is I WOULD work if i could get the opportunity.. but looks like no one will be hiring me! anyways do you know any thing i could do at home?? just extra money will be very helpful! thanks :): 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sportbominable
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Can't help ya there. I'm not pregnant and have applied to over 50 jobs and have not gotten one interview. I have a bachelor's degree in Elementary Education and a teaching certificate for my state. I'm very down about the whole thing.  

BoopBettyBoop
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Are you looking for a "job from home" or maybe interested in a "home business opportunity"?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Quoting BoopBettyBoop:

Are you looking for a "job from home" or maybe interested in a "home business opportunity"?

yes i am but no scams an actual legit work from home.. which is also hard to find

BoopBettyBoop
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Well if you would be interested in finding out about a work from home opportunity, let me share just a little about what I do.

When I was doing my search for an at home business, I knew that in order to succeed it had to have residual income, which meant products that people would want to order month after month.  And these products had to be something that was used and consumed on a regular basis, not something that they would have to spend new dollars on but something they used already but BETTER!  I have found this in the company I work with.  These products are non-toxic, safe for your home, family and the environment. There are several product lines: nutritional, personal, beauty and household - something for everyone. And the best part, no new money needs to be spent, simply switch stores.  You do not have to sell these products or take orders, just share them with people like you would share information about your favorite restaurant or movie.

If you would like to learn more about these amazing products and business opportunity, send me a message and I promise I will get back to you.  I completely love these products and to me a business with actual products that people love and continue to purchase, means your business will continue to grow.

bhow
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

You might laugh but, I have made many a $ through the years Ironing clothing for people.  It is insane how many tips I get because they are so grateful to look awesome for that big meeting or what ever.

jaydensmom1726
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:01 AM

i am not pregnant  but it still took over a year to find the job i have now. also you might be asking for too much money.thats why you arent getting anywhere

withsecond
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea. 

I know it's hard to find work for people not pregnant, nevermind being pregnant. It sucks. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Talk to your doc about your situation and keep trying. Its a shitty job search as is let alone being pregnant.
charleyangel317
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Start a laundry service, Offer freelance secretarial services, things like that.

KenneMaw
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

You have to see the company's point of view.  It costs money to hire and train someone new and you will only be in the job about 10-12 weeks max before you have the baby.    then you may not come back or it may take months or weeks.  

Are you good with math?  maybe you could get a job at a tax place or help people prepare their taxes.  Have you spoken to a temp agency?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN