Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Prenatal Vitamins getting me sick!!! Help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

hey girls!

I need some advice, I have been taking the prenatal vitamins before bed because if i take them during the day i automatically throw them up! i switched to the gummies the doctor told me would be easier but end up throwing up bile the next morning . i take them w crackers before bed... any advice!!!! thanks

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sportbominable
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:50 PM

They made me super sick as well so I stopped taking them and just ate healthier. I have 5 kids and they are all super healthy, no problems at all, and barely ever get sick. 

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 3:04 AM

i take them after I eat.

Coastiesgirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I had to keep mine in the fridge. For some reason taking them cold didn't make me sick.
Firewoman33
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Take them with a full meal.
jaydensmom1726
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

switch to a regular multivitamin they have iron and that is probably what is upsetting you stomach.if you are worried that their isnt enough folic acid you can take an additional folic acid pill. this is what my friends dr. told her to do beause it made her sick like it is you

mistressflora
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:50 AM

i never took prenatals, and all my kids were fine

baconade
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:52 AM
I switched from one a day, to gummies and finally to nature made prenatals. The nature made didn't make me sick in the slightest. And I was throwing everything up.
Hope this helps!
BoopBettyBoop
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Omega-3 is very important to take during pregnancy because it will help to support the healthy development of baby’s brain, eyes, and nervous system.

withsecond
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Try taking them with more food. Maybe at dinner time.
coopersmommy843
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I tried several different kinds even a "new and improved" not supposed to make anyone sick kind with no luck, my doc said 2 children's vitamins would be fine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)