Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Maternity shopping nightmare!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 8:55 AM
  • 11 Replies
I am so so so frustrated! I am in my third trimester and all I want is ONE pair of nice looking maternity jeans that fit nicely! I am a plus size woman----wear a size 20 long. It has been such a struggle finding jeans. I took an hour long drive to the nearest maternity store and came home empty handed. Explain to me why they had LONG pants in the normal section BUT didn't offer LONG in the plus size section. So when I found pants that fit nicely in the waist, they were high waters, several inches too short. Do they think all plus size women are short!?!? I need pants with a 35 inseam. Makes no sense....and I'm very discouraged :-(

Sorry for the rant...just a very frustrated mama. If ANYONE has ANY suggestions on where I can find plus size maternity jeans in TALL/LONG sizes then I'll take all the help I can get. I've checked old navy and they only go up to size 18 in long sizes (unless I'm not looking in the right place). I've also checked numerous other websites. I'm up for any help :-) Thanks for listening!
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cara124
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Try the avenue ... They are great ... Sizes are very try to size
Docgirl2000
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:03 AM
No advice but i wish you good luck. I wear a 35 in inseam too and finding jeans that are long enough and fit in the waist and butt is a big "B"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDavis3
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Thanks :-) I'll look into it now! Do they have maternity clothes as well as just plus size?

Quoting cara124: Try the avenue ... They are great ... Sizes are very try to size
cara124
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Not sure, I'm a 22 & get all my jeans there...

Quoting MamaDavis3: Thanks :-) I'll look into it now! Do they have maternity clothes as well as just plus size?

Quoting cara124: Try the avenue ... They are great ... Sizes are very try to size
HazelBug
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:28 AM
You may need to get crafty. Get a pair of pants that you can pull over your bum. Buy a belly band. Cut the pants off right below the zipper and sew the belly band on.
Tracys2
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:32 AM

I can't help you but am also tall and feel your pain. I never even got tall maternity clothes- ended up in lots of skirts. It's absurd enough trying to shop for clothes normally. Wish you the very best luck!

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Buy them on line.

Mittens333
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:39 PM

BUMP!

Mittens333
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:45 PM
http://www.apeainthepod.com/maternity/plus-size.asp
bellydancer1984
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:57 PM

check out thrift stores!!! some are really good and it will probably be pretty cheap too!!! they are good for off sizes since most people have someone to give stuff like maternity stuff to but if you don't have a common size then you donate it!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN