Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Girls with short hair?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 1:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

Any moms out there like to keep their girls hair shorter?

Spin off from the boys with longer hair post ;)

by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Linagma03
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Depends on the child and what kind of hair she has. One of my girls had really thin hair and when it was long it look horrible so I kept hers short until it thickened up and she wanted me to let it grow. I don't think that there is anything wrong with a girl having short hair and a boy with long hair. I just think that in some cases there are some boys that when they have long hair they really do look like girls, then there are girls that have short hair that look like boys it all has to do with the type of facial features that they have. My oldest would be wearing pink and people still said "oh HE is so cute/handsome" because she had very strong male features until she was about 1, and she had fairly long hair when she was born and I just let it grow. My son was never mistaken for a girl because he had strong male features. My youngest whom I kept in short hair was never mistaken for a boy because she had very soft feminine features. If your child is mistaken for the wrong sex then you either deal with it or take a realistic look at that child and try to see him/her from anothers perspective then go from there as to if you want to continue with the hair choice. I just dealt with odd being called a boy there was nothing I could do to change it except for constantly telling people he was a she, and that got old fast. Besides they were strangers and didn't matter to me. 

DanaG70
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 3:39 PM

My daughter's hair is short, and dyed, hair is one of the things that I don't fight over, (pick your battles). It's her hair, it's her decision on what she wants to do with it. Same with my boys.

Velvetfog
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:48 PM

She's had it short before, I let her do mostly what she wants with it. When she was really young it wasn't an issue because she hardly had any for a long time, sometimes I'd put a bow on her head for pictures.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:31 PM
I agree. It depends on the features. But at the same time hair length plays a part. The same woman with a masculine face you thought was a man with short hair. You wouldnt think that if she had long hair. So if you know your son has feminine features. Keep it short. Same if daughter has masculine.

Quoting Linagma03:

Depends on the child and what kind of hair she has. One of my girls had really thin hair and when it was long it look horrible so I kept hers short until it thickened up and she wanted me to let it grow. I don't think that there is anything wrong with a girl having short hair and a boy with long hair. I just think that in some cases there are some boys that when they have long hair they really do look like girls, then there are girls that have short hair that look like boys it all has to do with the type of facial features that they have. My oldest would be wearing pink and people still said "oh HE is so cute/handsome" because she had very strong male features until she was about 1, and she had fairly long hair when she was born and I just let it grow. My son was never mistaken for a girl because he had strong male features. My youngest whom I kept in short hair was never mistaken for a boy because she had very soft feminine features. If your child is mistaken for the wrong sex then you either deal with it or take a realistic look at that child and try to see him/her from anothers perspective then go from there as to if you want to continue with the hair choice. I just dealt with odd being called a boy there was nothing I could do to change it except for constantly telling people he was a she, and that got old fast. Besides they were strangers and didn't matter to me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:39 AM
My oldest had short hair till middle school. She wanted it that way. Many look awesome in short hair. Apples and oranges between boys and girls and hair.
Devious103102
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 4:13 PM

My oldest daughter has short hair, never below her shoulders. Honestly it's only because her hair just doesn't grow, she has alopecia areota (she gets patches of bald spots) and no matter what we do/have done for her it just wont grow longer than that. 

Stephd710
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 4:48 PM

My 3 year old girls havent had a haircut yet (besides bangs).  But i am planning on cutting their hair into bobs this spring.  Their hair is pretty but too long and they dont like it brushed or fixed or anything so im just going to have it cut.  I think they will look cute!

storkradio193
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 8:44 PM

My girls have somewhat long hair.  But, it is so much easier when short, as they just complain about combing it and such.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN