Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I think I gotta kill the cat ?????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies

Ok I have a cat and she keeps peeing in the house  .We have tried every thing to get her to stop but she won't. I don't think it is fair to put her in a shelter for the rest of her life and WHO WANTS A S CAT  THAT PEES ??? What do u ladies think I am at my wits end !    ( P.S she is 7 years old and we have had the problem in the past but she stoped but I can't afford her wrecking things and the smell is god awful and I am tired of repacing carpet ) *****edited***** She is spayed -I have taken her to the vet and she is healthy - I have 3 other boxes in are home and I change all 3 every other day  so her boxes are not dirty- She does like to go outside for a bit but she will climb the screens until u let her in -  ugh why can't she just be good ;( !

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luke8212013
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:22 PM
2 moms liked this
There must be a reason she started going to the bathroom in the house again. What has changed in your household? She could be mad at you for something. Are you working different hours, is there a new member in the house? Something is disrupting her.
Or could there be something medically wrong with her? Take her to the vet to be examined.
That is not a reason to put a pet down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been trying with this animal she has been to the vet and she has not a dam thing wrong with her and nothening has changed !!! I refuse to let a animal wreck my house if u have ever smelled cat pee u would  know what I am talking about !!!!

Quoting Luke8212013: There must be a reason she started going to the bathroom in the house again. What has changed in your household? She could be mad at you for something. Are you working different hours, is there a new member in the house? Something is disrupting her.
Or could there be something medically wrong with her? Take her to the vet to be examined.

Vamp
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:48 PM
8 moms liked this

Call the guy from the "my cat from hell" TV show

Momofmenagerie
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:49 PM
5 moms liked this
I have a cat much older that yours. Our bathroom has a litter box, bed, and his food. The floor is vinyl. Unless we are in the room with him, he goes in there.

No way I would give him away or kill him until his body tells me it's time.

I understand you're frustration but seven isn't old and your cat could easily be retrained by a foster family and find a perfect adoptive family.

Death is not the answer for a behavioral problem. If it were, I could think of a large quantity of HUMANS it should apply to!
Just sayin'
Vamp
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I have a cat, and yes he has marked suff inmy houe!! IT STINKS!! but I would not kill him, you KNEW cat pee stinks. 

did you change her litter sand recently, I did once with mine and he stopped using the litterbox until I read the sand change could have been the reason, so I changed back to the original brand and the problem was solved.

He also does it when i neglect to change his litterbox sand(even if I clean the poop and pee) I do a complete chenge every 2 weeks, If i neglect to do it, he will also go some where else(usually boxes)

See episodes form "my cat from hell" you can find them on Netflix, you can find some good ideas too. or as I mentioned in the post before this, you can even call the guy. Sometimes there are animals outside that are freaking her out, is she spayed? it can be territirial issues too, even if its a female, cats are very territorial animals.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been trying with this animal she has been to the vet and she has not a dam thing wrong with her and nothening has changed !!! I refuse to let a animal wreck my house if u have ever smelled cat pee u would  know what I am talking about !!!!

Quoting Luke8212013: There must be a reason she started going to the bathroom in the house again. What has changed in your household? She could be mad at you for something. Are you working different hours, is there a new member in the house? Something is disrupting her.

Kmcasey9
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

One of our cats started peeing in our house.  He had crystals and almost died.  Having the crystals removed "mostly" fixed the problem (BTW - he ruined 2 sets of sofas and the carpet in our sunroom, not to mention all the laundry I had to do from area rugs, blankets, towels, etc.).  He was also a little high-strung.  We put him on Prozac (It was $11 for 100 pills; he got 1/2 a pill daily), and that seemed to fix his problem.  HOWEVER, if I didn't scoop his litterbox in a "timely" fashion, he would occasionally pee on a hamper of clothes (the litter boxes were in the laundry room).

My husband wanted to get rid of our guy, too, but we worried about people mistreating him because he pees.  Oscar was a sweet boy.  He recently passed away from an undiagnosed heart condition.  He was 4 years old.  I'm glad we kept him, although I often changed my tune when he peed :)

Hang in there.

BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:01 PM

What did you do last time that made her stop?  The last time were there new things in the house?  Have you changed the cat litter or her food or put the litter box in a new location? Please don't shout or yell by using bold words.  You asked for help and that is what we are trying to do.  I do know what cat pee smells like and understand what you are going thru.  But there must be some reason she started doing this again.  I know that my daughter's cat decided to do that because my daughter started bringing her dog into her room and she didn't like it.  Cats are peculiar creatures and don't like their world disrupted.  I'm sorry that you are going through that.

LaDulceVida
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:02 PM
I have two neutered cats and neither one of my babies have ever peed anywhere other than their litter box. For her to be 7 and do it, maybe it is a medical problem. Usually after showing a cat where litter box is just once as a kitten gives them the hint. At least with every cat I've ever owned.
charleyangel317
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:41 PM

My mom had a cat that did the same thing but come to find out that she couldn't help it because she had bladder cancer and could not control it.

Saharra
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Was she declawed (at any point... Not just recently)? Did you switch litter? Try putting a few different cat boxes around the house. They recommend two PER CAT. It's a lot, but I've seen it work. Also, try doing different styles of littler boxes. You may find that something is scaring her with hers. If it's one with a kid it may scare her when the kids are around and being noisy. If it's an electronic one the noise on those can startle cats. If it doesn't have a lid, she may like a lid to be able to feel more hidden.

Just some thoughts. :) Good luck!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)