Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Help me out! Best Bedtime Avoidance Excuses

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:21 AM
  • 37 Replies

I'm writing an article for my blog and wonder if you would like to give me a hand?

I'm just after your kids best excuses for avoiding going to bed, or to sleep.

Any funny stories would be great too! (You may even find yourself in my post - but I will check with you first)

Cheers xx

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JTE11
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:38 AM
2 moms liked this

My DD just told me last night "Mummy I'll go to sleep soon, but I need to be a ballerina a bit first. I am learning to leap right now, you know."  I have also been told "But my snack wants to be in my belly first, I don't want it to be sad."  Earlier this week I was told by Ms. Captain Hook herself "Arrr, you filthy bilge rat, I am not tired yet!!"   She has also squeezed her eyes closed and grunted, (at being told it was time for bed), and said "Nope, it's not working for me." 

FamilyFortunate
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh boy!  How do you keep a straight face?  

These are classics!  You must keep track of these for embarassing her when she's a teenager!!!

NatesMyBoy
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:02 PM
He can't walk to bed because his hydraulic fluid is too low.

He's nocturnal.

There are more but those two are first to pop into my head. He's five.
BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:38 PM

My 17yo & 10 yo DS's share a room.  My 17yo wasn't home from work yet,it was around 10:30, and I told my 10yo that he needed to get to sleep.  He said he needed to wait for Mikey to come home because Mikey was going to play video games and he can't sleep when he is playing games.  Hmmm that's why you go to sleep BEFORE he comes home!  Gotta love kids and their "reasoning".

baconade
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
After me telling her it's time for bed she said

"Mommy NO. I'm watching my show. YOU go to bed."

Kids.
tmajma032408
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:46 PM
"I'm hungry" is what I hear all the time, even though they just ate and they tell me that I am starving them if I say no
KikiB85
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 6:12 PM
I frequently hear the well i need a bed time snack. Or I'm thirsty. They always stall.
4x4x16mom
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:25 PM
My dd comes to our room and asks me "is it night time yet?" I say yes it is, do you want to check the sky? So we go look up at the sky for the signal. (the bat signal) She believes she is Batman, so she has to make sure Gotham is ok. When she fights bedtime she says she got a hot line tip that she will be needed so she has to wait up.

On the weekends we shine the bat light on the side of the house and our roommates dress up as bad guys and they run around saving the day.
teenxmommie2011
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:09 PM

this is the one my son currently uses. if he gets REALLY upset, he gets some yogurt but that's it. he's a growing toddler, but my only income is from child support. i can't afford to put food down his throat every minute of the day.

Quoting tmajma032408: "I'm hungry" is what I hear all the time, even though they just ate and they tell me that I am starving them if I say no

tmajma032408
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:28 PM
I know what you mean, I feel like I'm feeding an army and food is getting more expensive. I have a six yr old and she is always asking for cinnamon toast. I feed my kids oatmeal for a little snack... Fills them up:)

Quoting teenxmommie2011:

this is the one my son currently uses. if he gets REALLY upset, he gets some yogurt but that's it. he's a growing toddler, but my only income is from child support. i can't afford to put food down his throat every minute of the day.

Quoting tmajma032408: "I'm hungry" is what I hear all the time, even though they just ate and they tell me that I am starving them if I say no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)