Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Starting To Question My Faith In Humanity

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:38 AM
  • 13 Replies
As a single mom,I've made sacrifices. But sometimes things get a bit overbearing and I know I eventually have to ask for help. I went to court this past Wednesday to pursue child support. I don't need much, just enough to get my son the things he needs and to pay for his after school activities. It blew my mind to see so many people working the system telling blatant lies to get more than what they need! The one story I witnessed is keeping me from sleeping tonight...
As I was waiting for my name to be called in, a woman and her 12 year old daughter walked up to check in for their court appearance. The woman also had a 3 month old infant in her arms. Naturally, I assumed the baby girl was hers and she was perusing child support like everyone else that day. You can imagine my disgust when I found out the baby wasn't hers... It was her 12 year old daughters and here's the kicker, the father is a 25 year old man!!! I couldn't help but ask: Why isn't that monster in prison?? Her answer: Awwww Girl!!! You know we gots to get that money!!! WHAT?!?!?! Had the court officer not called my name in that very instant, I would have been led away in shackles!! YOU ARE HER MOTHER!!! You were supposed to protect your child!!!! It sickens me to know there are people that will exploit their children for the sake a few measly dollars in their pocket!
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:39 AM
Why has the state not pursued charges. That's insane
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunflower3129
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:54 AM
Maybe they will after the hearing...I HOPE THEY WILL! And they take those kids away from that wretched woman. God,she made me sick to my stomach!!
NatesMyBoy
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
For every horrid person there are great ones we don't notice.

That is pretty much f'ed up. I doubt they wil get much out of a loser child molester.... But that is beyond the point. I hope they toss his ass in jail. Sick.
ZamilyMom
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't give up on the human race!  For every one like her, there are so many decent people out there who'd give the shirt off their back for someone truly in need!!!!

teenxmommie2011
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 4:12 PM

i've been losing faith in humanity since i was a teenage, and this just made it lessen even more.

sunflower3129
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:42 PM
I don't want to lose faith! This woman had my blood boiling so bad,I was ready to hit her and take her kids! No good parent would put their child in such a disgusting situation. My faith is shaken, but still intact. I can only pray these children get better lives than this.

Quoting ZamilyMom:

Don't give up on the human race!  For every one like her, there are so many decent people out there who'd give the shirt off their back for someone truly in need!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

"exploit" is correct and it's for her own SURVIVABILITY ...  truly sickling 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:24 PM
There's a girl at our school, who was a sixth grader last year and had a baby. She's obviously now in 7th grade and is again pregnant. I can't say I'm shocked, because really nothing shocks me anymore, but I'm appalled that her parents are ok with this. And I've heard they are I'm not just assuming, small town-everyone knows everyone's business. It's so sad that they would allow this happen twice. This girl is barely 13 and is going to have 2 babies, just sad.
I guess the only good thing is that she's staying in school....?
sunflower3129
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 7:24 PM
That's so sad!! 😢

Quoting Anonymous: There's a girl at our school, who was a sixth grader last year and had a baby. She's obviously now in 7th grade and is again pregnant. I can't say I'm shocked, because really nothing shocks me anymore, but I'm appalled that her parents are ok with this. And I've heard they are I'm not just assuming, small town-everyone knows everyone's business. It's so sad that they would allow this happen twice. This girl is barely 13 and is going to have 2 babies, just sad.

I guess the only good thing is that she's staying in school....?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:03 AM

my faith in humanity was gone years ago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)