Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Squats during pregnancy??

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

hey girls!

im about 30 weeks now!!! :) for some reason i have stopped excercising. besides taking walks!!! from wat i told your not supposed to work out .. but im wondering wat you guys think?? are SQUATS ok?? also any other excercises u suggest?

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM

you can do anything that feels fine that you did before pregnancy.  If you are out of shape now is not the time.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:58 PM
My doctors told me to continue to do all activities that my body was used to, just don't try new things. I excercised, rode my bike, hiked, water skiied, swam, etc.
squocket
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Definitely work out. I would echo others that the general rule of thumb is not to exceed the level of exercise you were engaging in pre-pregnancy. Squats should be fine. Squatting is one of the positions that many women find helpful to be in to move the baby out. Practicing doing squats now will keep your legs strong for labor. The hype about not exercising during pregnancy is born out of fear and is really negative for pregnant mommas. You are going to be doing the hardest work of your life. Keep your body strong. You will need it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, I did squats, lunges, weights and spin until I was about 37 weeks pregnant. Yup. I'm glad I did. I also did yoga!!! Yeah, that was funny! Lol but anyway, birth was so much easier and the weight loss has been much better. I'm stuck but that's bc we r in Girl Scouts and it's cookie time and I'm having a hard time with that :-( seriously, I'm addicted.
So, anyway, yes as long as it doesn't hurt you in anyway or make you feel "off" it should be fine. Make sure you consult with your dr though! Just to be safe!
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:55 AM

what ever you are comfortable doing but that will not risk your pregnancy such as high impact exercises

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:57 AM
Depending on how long you haven't been working out it might not be the best idea to start working out too much. I'd start slow to give your baby more time to adjust. But basically anything you're comfortable doing is safe to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristinD1988
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 5:49 PM

I exercised my entire pregnancy (up until my 8th month when I fell on wet tile and sprained my groin). I bought a pregnancy exercise DVD that my OB recommended that had cardio, aerobics and yoga, as well as went for walks and did squats. Doing squats definitely helped strengthen my lower body for the all the pushing during labor. I'd ask your OB but as long as you-re not high risk I don't see why it wouldn't be okay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2014 at 7:04 PM
I am doing everything that I did before. Sit ups, push ups, running, lifting weights, etc. As long as you have a normal pregnancy and worked out that way before you were pregnant, you should be fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN