Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

very scary topic!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
I have a great fear about driving over bridges or next to water at all. Not because of me but my children. I often wonder that if my car plunged into water could I get all my children out? What about my 3 year old in the car seat? Do I get her out first?

I know this fear is probably irrational but it scares me. I could never choose who to save first. Do any of you ladies have a emergency action plan in case of such things? I often worry that if something did happen I would be too panicked to do anything. I feel stupid for even asking about this.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2014 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whohasmyname
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I have the same fear.  No plan as to what will happen if that does happen, Guess we better take swimming lessons.

brandie1470
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 4:28 AM
2 moms liked this
I think up all kinds of scenarios in my head. Some of them I know for a fact will never happen. Like zombies lol

I have a crazy over active imagination. I think up how I would save my family in each different scenario
brandie1470
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 4:30 AM
I often think of how we would survive things. If we have some kind of accident in water, we would probably die. Out of the 4 of us I'm the only one who can swim. I imagine I would probably die trying to save my children

Quoting whohasmyname:

I have the same fear.  No plan as to what will happen if that does happen, Guess we better take swimming lessons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2014 at 4:38 AM
I drive a dangerous stretch of highway every two weeks for my big grocery shopping trips. I drive that route instead of a quicker route that takes us across a bridge for the same reason. I swim well and so do my kids, however with my intense fear of lakes I know I'd have a panic attack and probably drown before I could save them.
mariesmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:12 AM

i have no help for you, i'm scared of open water,because my brother triedto drownd me when i was little but i came home from work to this:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:17 AM
Thank God all mine can swim. I guess I just worry about getting the seat belts off, or the kids being to scared to react

Quoting brandie1470: I often think of how we would survive things. If we have some kind of accident in water, we would probably die. Out of the 4 of us I'm the only one who can swim. I imagine I would probably die trying to save my children

Quoting whohasmyname:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:18 AM
I think driving with kids is always scary. If you are like me you worry more about them than yourself

Quoting Anonymous: I drive a dangerous stretch of highway every two weeks for my big grocery shopping trips. I drive that route instead of a quicker route that takes us across a bridge for the same reason. I swim well and so do my kids, however with my intense fear of lakes I know I'd have a panic attack and probably drown before I could save them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:24 AM
Most definitely!! My kids are my world and I'm always afraid of losing one I think we are quite a bit alike in that aspect lol

Quoting Anonymous: I think driving with kids is always scary. If you are like me you worry more about them than yourself

Quoting Anonymous: I drive a dangerous stretch of highway every two weeks for my big grocery shopping trips. I drive that route instead of a quicker route that takes us across a bridge for the same reason. I swim well and so do my kids, however with my intense fear of lakes I know I'd have a panic attack and probably drown before I could save them.
susan_marie
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 4:52 PM

I don't think there is any way to plan for such a situation. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2014 at 5:07 PM
I've watched a few shows on tv that talk about surviving things like this. The thing is they never use a scenario with kids involved.

Quoting susan_marie:

I don't think there is any way to plan for such a situation. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)