Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My dd is being teased because

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 290 Replies
1 mom liked this
She hasn't bought and "buckle or miss me" jeans or uggs.

Silly right? My daughter has come home the last week in tears because she doesn't have "nice clothes@ I admit that we buy 2nd hand clothes. I'm disabled and I can barley afford my rent. I told my dd she should just ignore them and clothes don't make you who you are. She's beautiful girl. Plus, she wears size 0 so she can easily find things at goodwill. She said she's embarrassed. It brakes my heart!!

Any advice would be great!!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
linmei
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:12 PM
How old is she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Quoting linmei: How old is she?
rainskysmom
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:22 PM
6 moms liked this
I was looking on EBay last night and they had tons of Ugg boots on there. Now some of them are crazy expensive but there's also some that aren't too high. That might be an option for you???? Good luck to your daughter though 👢👢👢👢
lyranightshade
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you have the Angel Kid's sale near you? There's one from Feb tenth through the fourteenth. They have amazing things there. Brand name consignment, super cheap. I got a north face snow suit for my two year old for twelve dollars.
I KNOW they had buckle jeans last time for five - seven dollars. A few pairs had tags still on them. Check that out.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM
7 moms liked this
Sounds crazy! No one cares where my daughter goes to school! She wears some name brand&some stuff she doesn't. Everything has a name to it.
I tell her to stay positive! She doesn't need to wear name brand to be liked. I think miss me jeans are ugly.
mommybear91
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:43 PM
25 moms liked this
I don't support UGGS
Mishy2
by Michelle on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I have no idea what miss me jeans are.. Maybe they do not have them in Canada? Either way it is sad kids get made fun of and bullied at school, so sad. It shouldn't matter what types of clothes you wear.

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat. Join us today!                
http://www.cafemom.com/group/119876

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I was looking at them too but the cheapest ones looked very used:/ I'll keep searching though

Quoting rainskysmom: I was looking on EBay last night and they had tons of Ugg boots on there. Now some of them are crazy expensive but there's also some that aren't too high. That might be an option for you???? Good luck to your daughter though 👢👢👢👢
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:59 PM
I've never heard of it. We will in a tiny town. When we went to the mall we didn't see any at that price but I'll keep looking:)

Quoting lyranightshade: Do you have the Angel Kid's sale near you? There's one from Feb tenth through the fourteenth. They have amazing things there. Brand name consignment, super cheap. I got a north face snow suit for my two year old for twelve dollars.

I KNOW they had buckle jeans last time for five - seven dollars. A few pairs had tags still on them. Check that out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I think they are too! Lol

Quoting Hottmomma607: Sounds crazy! No one cares where my daughter goes to school! She wears some name brand&some stuff she doesn't. Everything has a name to it.

I tell her to stay positive! She doesn't need to wear name brand to be liked. I think miss me jeans are ugly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN