Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

He took everything and took everything.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
I could have posted this on mom confessions but they are so cruel there. Here's my story..

On Monday I got a call from the school that my dd7 and dd4 did not get picked up from a friends house. I spent the day volunteering at the pound and my husband was suppose to get them. I tried calling and it went straight to voicemail. Then I called his work and he didn't even come in that day.

At this point I'm freakig out. After I grabbed the girls I went home to find his clothes, laptop and car is gone. I check our bank and he took EVERYTHING but 100.00. He's no where to be found. I'm at stay at home mom. I don't have a income. He left me with rent and bills. We didn't get any taxes because he made too much.

With the savings we had a plan to buy the girls new shoes, jackets and clothes. My dd has had the same coat for two years and it's gross looking.

Tuesdays I applied for emergency cash aid and food stamps. The cash aid barley covers our rent. But I'm sure I can clean houses or collect cans for the rest. I also started looking for a job.

I'm so stressed and confused. I thought we were so happy. Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice? I don't have family on either side to help. I want to crawl in a ball and not move
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:24 AM

No It hans't happened to me. HUGE HUGS. Do you have family that can help? call them tell them what happened and ask for help.

LadySaphira
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry you are going through this, it totally sucks. My SIL went through something similar, her DH took off, cleaned out their bank account and left her with nothing but bills. Unfortunately , she was not eligible for any kind of assistance because they had no young children..Our family scrambled to help her out and between 5 of us sending her money were able to help her keep a roof over her head until she was able to find a job. Talk to some local churches, and food pantries, they maybe able to help. The Salvation Army is good about helping with clothing in emergency situations. May not be the fanciest stuff in the world but it is clean and warm (at least around here).

strictmomhere
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Hugs I'm here if u need a friend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mishy2
by Michelle on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Oh no that is awful, I am so sorry you are going through this. We are here if you need to chat. Is there anyone that can help out, either family, friends, anyone?

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat. Join us today!                
http://www.cafemom.com/group/119876

AuntieM
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:23 PM
My sister's husband did that on their 5th anniversary. Left her with three kids, rent and bills due, and no money. That was about 30 years ago and she hasn't seen him since.
cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
You could call some churches and also ask social services for a list of other places that might be able to help you
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Thanks ladies. I'm just so lost and I don't know what to say to my kids that are crying for their father
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2014 at 3:07 PM
I'll see what this small town has. :)

Quoting cupcake_mom: You could call some churches and also ask social services for a list of other places that might be able to help you
cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Good luck hun

Quoting Anonymous: I'll see what this small town has. :)

Quoting cupcake_mom: You could call some churches and also ask social services for a list of other places that might be able to help you
goatmom4
happppinesss is 40 days away
Yesterday at 8:17 AM
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

since i think taking all  the money is theft  could the police find him by looking for his car ?? he should have to leave you some money  !!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)