Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I want to be an organ donor, but my husband doesn't want to be one.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 11:44 AM
  • 27 Replies

I want to donate my organs when I die, but my husband told me not to donate his if he dies first. He said he's afraid it will hurt. No kidding. This has really been bothering me. I asked him why he would not let me give the go ahead, that he is such a good man, wouldn't he want to know that he could give someone a longer life? He said, 'no'.

by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
It's his choice. Nothing you say or do can change that. Maybe over time his opinion will change, mine did. I was opposed before and now I'm not
cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I really don't think you would push the issue. It's his body and his choice
Fordprefect
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

It's his body and his choice.

Momofmenagerie
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this
It 'a a silly reason , granted..... But his body is still his to do with as he chooses after death This is not a battle to fight .
Memere60
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:37 AM
2 moms liked this

Thanks for the feedback. I will drop this, and not bug my husband anymore. You are all right about this. It really is his decision. group hug

RitaTequila531
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly
Some choices are super personal like this and no one gets the say except him.

It's selfish and arrogant to try to push him to do something like this just because She feel it's right.

Quoting cupcake_mom: I really don't think you would push the issue. It's his body and his choice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BL2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

He'll be dead so he won't feel any pain. You cannot just donate his organs and shouldn't without his permission. It is all about choices.

I am a kidney recipient and I am so thankful for the family that donated. It's a personal choice. You can still fill out the card making you a donor and he will have to abide by it when the time comes.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Same here. I'm registered as an organ donor but he isn't. I also want to be buried and he wants to be cremated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixonBabies
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad you're going to drop it. It's his decision no matter how hard you try to change his mind :)

frogbender
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

It's his choice. You have your choice, he has his. Leave it alone. It isn't worth getting in an argument over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)