Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your man romantic or not so much?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

My friends complain about their husbands and how they barely say they love them or buy them stuff, or how they don't express their emotions well, and things like that.

Did I just hit the jackpot and win that one-in-a-million romantic male who believes in expressing his love in words, deeds, and gifts, or is anyone's else husband romantic?

Girls have gotten mad at me for talking about the stuff he does or they'll even go so far as to say they don't believe me. Sometimes I feel like the odd girl out when they are sitting around bashing their husbands, but I'm glad my husband is the way he is. 

Is it really that rare to have a romantic husband?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ria719
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM

in the begining he was as our family grew the attention diminshed

buttercup24
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Not really but as the years pass he is trying more.
Ricanmami88
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:32 PM

There is alot of Men who have trouble expressing their feelings then again there is alot of men who do show and  some men are romantic and My SO can be but it depends not like he used to he did at first because he was happy now it's ehhh

Connie04
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:42 PM
He has no trouble saying "I love you" but he is definitely not a flowers & candy kind of guy. Oh well, better than nothing, I guess!
dingysfamily
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM

My dh doesn't have any problem telling me he loves me, or showing it, especially when it comes to doing things with, and for, me.  But he isn't the romantic type.  He always holds my hand when we go places and in church; he has always been one to help with the kids and the house and has never shied away from cooking and is always just there for me.  But the 'flowers and candy type, that's a rare thing for him;  although he will pick me  up a favorite candy bar of mine sometimes.

143myboys9496
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Mine says he loves me, and compliments me. He'll give me flowers, sometimes I'll get them for no reason, sometimes I'll get them for an occasion. 

As far as lighting candles, playing soft music that kind of romantic stuff, no he doesn't do that. And I'm ok with it.

RitaTequila531
by 1MochaFrapp2go on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:11 PM
He has his.moments
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)