Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What's too cold for outside Play?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:52 AM
  • 19 Replies
It's been in the -'s here in Northeast Ohio for the last few months and isn't getting any warmer. The windchill makes our 10 degree weather feel like -19 so I haven't taken our 2.5 year old DS outside to play once this winter. There's always a ton of snow so I know it'd be fun, but the snows frozen so it's hard and hurts if you fall.

Should I suck it up and bundle him double or wait Til It gets about 10 degrees warmer?
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saharra
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I would bundle, bundle, bundle... And go out. Maybe check him every 5 minutes and see if he's getting cold somewhere. Maybe stay out for 15 minutes tops. Then go have some hot chocolate :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

if the snow is frozen i'm not sure if that will be fun.  unless you're just sledding.  wrap him up and see what happens.

gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I dunno. If it is less than 30 degrees nobody even wants to go outside here lol. Seeing as how it's supposed to be in the 80s today and I think even close to 90 tomorrow it's not a big deal for us to stay in on cold days. If it was that cold every day I would imagine we would feel the need to get out of the house eventually though. Maybe just go out for a few minutes then come back inside and then later go out for another few minutes.
Paigesmommy78
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 9:59 AM
We bundle bundle up and go out for a bit it's been pretty cold like that here to
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't take him out. He isn't even able to play in the snow.
Supervane
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM
I'm in AZ so what would be cold for me is probably summer for you
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:23 PM
I say 20s. I hate cold and winter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Anything below zero here.  My dd school stays in if it is single digits or lower.  We have dry air so it doesn't feel as cold.  I grew up in Chicago with the wet cold and I would probably not go out if it was under 20 or 15.  JMO

we tried to sled yesterday and it has been sooo warm lately it melts during the day and freezes at night.  My youngest dd sledded and hurt herself the first time.  we were done with sledding andplayed at the park. 

LaughCryLive
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:38 PM

bundle up and go play . dd and i walk to and from school everyday and most days the windchill is about -20 to -30.

waytomanykids10
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 3:18 AM

Bundle him up and take him outside. Fresh air is very good even if it is only for 5 minutes. My kids go outside no matter what the temperature is. SOmetimes they go out and will spend hours and other times it is for a 5 minutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)