Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How far would you go to help out a stranger?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

While pumping gas, this guy came over to my fiance' and me. I figured it was going to be the usual, "Hey, I have to get to {insert place here} and I don't have any money. Could you give me $5 to get home?" That happens at lot at the station we most frequent, and we were bracing ourselves to turn him down. Instead, he says he can't start his car and asks if we could help. Still leery, fiance' asked him what was the problem, and he said he needed someone to breathe into the breathalyzer thing on his car so he could start it and get home. DF said he couldn't do that and I stayed in the car and didn't acknowledge him asking me, but it made me wonder.

How far would you go to help a stranger? Would you break the law as this guy wanted us to do?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnrothbaum
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this

No way! He needs to use the breathalizer  to start his car because he's a drunk driver. What an ass. I'd give $5 to someone, to help, but I would not put a drunk back in his car. The possibility of him hurting someone is too great. You and df did the right thing.

PinkButterfly66
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 4:45 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd give him $5 for coffee and food to help sober up.  But I wouldn't be breathing into his gizmo.

Mishy2
by Michelle on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:48 PM

No way you guys did the right thing. I would not allow an impaired driver to get behind the wheel.

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun & friendly place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat.   

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
No. And I'd probably call the cops to get the drunk off the road.
wonderwomen1
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Stranger or not you are only helping them into their grave. No way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomen1
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and I would have called the cops on his ass for attemping to drink and drive...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bonnie_
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Hell no I wouldn't have helped him. My younger brother was killed by a drunk driver. If I saw someone else help him I would call the cops and report him.
bhow
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Hell NO!  You can go to jail for that.  IDK if they all do but, many of those things have a camera on them.  If you eat pizza, (bread) and blow and go right away the thing will shut you down due to the yeast in bread.  They come with a book of what you should not consume and then blow and go.  They are very sophisticated.  One of our employees has one, we have become very educated about them.  Amazing how they work.

yourpassion
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:28 AM
This!

Quoting EireLass: No. And I'd probably call the cops to get the drunk off the road.
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:28 AM

This exactly

Quoting wonderwomen1: Oh and I would have called the cops on his ass for attemping to drink and drive...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)