Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Should teens be subjected to curfews?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

Since my street ends with a big cul-de-sac, we often end up with a lot of the neighborhood kids hanging out there riding bikes, skateboarding, etc. Normally, it's not a problem but lately it seems they're out there later and later. Most are in the 12-15 age range but still I wonder why they aren't inside at midnight or later? Should teens like that have a curfew?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Playing in the street where I could see them I would be fine. Out and about no way at that age without supervision after dark.
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 4:33 PM

its 10pm for 15 and under here and midnight for 16-18.  You can be in your yard but not the street after that without a parent

PinkButterfly66
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was a kid, we had to come in when the street lights came on.  When I was dating, I had a 10pm curfew.  I think all teens should be home by 10.  I'm surprised that the neighbors haven't complained already.

Mishy2
by Michelle on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM

When I was a kid I had to come in when the street lights came on as well. And that age group is WAY too young to be out until midnight, I would definitely have a curfew at that age.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

When I was a kid, we had to come in when the street lights came on.  When I was dating, I had a 10pm curfew.  I think all teens should be home by 10.  I'm surprised that the neighbors haven't complained already.

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun & friendly place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat.   

bhow
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:35 AM

IDK about needing to be out after midnight.  I wouldn't like them making too much racket after 9 or so.  I would rather have them in my front yard than hiding out someplace up to no good. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

In my state kids have curfews....under 15 its by 9, 16 at 10 and 17 at 11.  I'm not sure how they enforce it but my mom always did.

My personal curfew when I was a kid was when the streetlights came on until I was 16...then it went to 9 on a school night and 11 on Friday and Saturday nights.  It didn't matter if it was Summer or not those were the rules.

Light.Shine
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:52 AM

yes

Runner36
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Yes...they should.  And as far as I know there are city laws stating curfew times as well...

MidwestMama55
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:03 PM

My 18 year old has a curfew My 20 year old has a curfew (floating) when she is home from college.

michelle623
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Yes, they don't need to be out that late, especially, without supervision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN