Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

To vaccinate or not??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
Okay moms I need intelligent responses on the vaccine issue. I'm on the fence right now so I'm asking around. Please don't start bashing the other side of the argument. Just let me know if you do/did/will and why. Thanks in advance.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I did; I just felt the pros far out weighed the cons.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I will also say that my kids also vaccinated their kids.  Wait, let me edit this ... I'm not completely positive that the middle dd has vaccinated her two youngest, they are 3/4 ... she really hasn't said and she has changed a lot about all kinds of things over the past couple of years; but ... I'd venture to say I honestly believe she hasn't changed on this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I did. I would tell my girls on the schedule now to delay vax and spread them out more but fully vax.
Randi02
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't vaccinate.

I believe it's a decision every parent needs to research and come to conclusions on their own. No medication or medical treatment is one size fits all, or risk free. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2014 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
My biggest issue is the research studies. They don't compare the vaccine to a placebo. They just compare it to other vaccines and say 'it's no more dangerous than this other vaccine.'
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:03 PM
I agree. I absolutely hate the crap that's in the shots and I will not allow my children to be given more than 2-3 at a time, but I feel like is rather them have some yucky stuff in them then run the risk of dying from one of those diseases. I know it sounds messed up.
I also feel that certain vaxs are not even needed, but again my kids have had them all.
It's a very personal and tough decision to make.

Quoting dingysfamily:

I did; I just felt the pros far out weighed the cons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I vaxed

I agree, the pros outweight the cons.

People now a days travel more, we get in the coutry more people from developing countries and we have more people traveling around the world, the risk of getting sick from something that is almost erradicated is becoming greater. how do you think outbrakes begin?

myempyreofdirt
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 7:02 PM
We vax, though we've spread out his 12 month shots just a little. He just had the mmr and varicella yesterday. We also got him a flu shot which I noticed a lot of our friends don't do with their kids. I'm glad we did because I ended up with the flu and ds was fine, despite spending all day with me. By all means do your research. Just also research the diseases vaxing protects them from.
Rust.n.Gears
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I can just say as a unvaccinated adult that it sucks. Certain jobs are unavailable, you have to fight with others, and the risk of getting sick is always a danger. I have had to worry with smallpox outbreaks. Oh yeah and traveling globally is ridiculous. Mind you I can't be vaccinated. Its not a choice.
Platinum_blonde
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Since people have stopped vaccinating,  there have been whooping cough outbreaks, among others. If we went back to the old days where people watched helplessly as their children asphixiated to death or slowly perished before their very eyes, it would change a lot of minds.  To me, I would rather risk autism than suffering and death.  I've taken immunology and virology courses for my BS in Biology and this has heavily influenced my decisions.  Also, watching the film about how scientists eradicated polio worldwide is a lifechanger for sure!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)