Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

SAHMs, why do you do it?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm not judging stay-at-home-moms at all just trying to figure out why you stay at home instead of working from home or working outside the home.

Why do you do it? What are the pros and cons of staying at home?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I Stay home because I want to be the one to raise my kids. It is cheaper than day care. I don't have to worry about getting to work or day care on time. I like knowin my kids are eating well and learning what they need to. I love being around my kids
JasonsMom2007
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM
It would be very challenging to homeschool while working. And between gas and childcare and everything else it's just not worth it.
Besides they'll be grown and gone way too soon. I want to spend all of the time I can with them!
I also spend summer gardening and preserving food for my family.
LowryCuisine
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Because DH asked me too.

waytomanykids10
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Daycare for 9 kids is expensive. My youngest is special needs, we would need someone that could handle seizures, feeding him through his feeding tube, No daycare would want to be responsible for his care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:30 AM
2 moms liked this

We don't need the money so it doesn't make sense to work at home or work outside of the home. What is with people who are obsessed with women doing what they wanna do? I would never suggest a working mom stop working. I enjoy being there for my family and husband. We vacation every year,I never have to schedule my time with them. I have big kids and they love their mom being at home.

want10more
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:52 AM
2 moms liked this

no choice. i have kids w/ health issues. but OH how i'd love a stay at home job. one i could do on the computer even when in the hospital......

i must say tho, now that i'm a sahm? holy crap i'm working harder than i did as a working mom!

want10more
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:54 AM

YOU HAVE 9?????? HOLY CRAP HOW FUN!  i only have 6! all mine are special needs, but not in the way of your lil un. hope he's doing ok!

Quoting waytomanykids10: Daycare for 9 kids is expensive. My youngest is special needs, we would need someone that could handle seizures, feeding him through his feeding tube, No daycare would want to be responsible for his care.

want10more
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:57 AM

YOU are a very .lucky lady! i don't work, but wish i could work inside the home.... we DO need the money! so my advice to you is.......... holy hell ENJOY! have a whole buncha fun w/ your family and the lack of money stress! sounds like a great life you have, also sounds like you appreciate it!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

We don't need the money so it doesn't make sense to work at home or work outside of the home. What is with people who are obsessed with women doing what they wanna do? I would never suggest a working mom stop working. I enjoy being there for my family and husband. We vacation every year,I never have to schedule my time with them. I have big kids and they love their mom being at home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:59 AM
Why? Because I have a sn son that I tried for months to get childcare for and couldn't. I had to quit my job in order to make sure he was taken care of. My dh had the better paying job and the insurance and his hours change so drastically from one day to the next that working opposite shifts just isn't possible. Typical daycares and after school programs won't take ds because at 10 he is still in diapers and his needs are so super focused too. Respite care has a waiting list of over a year. I HATE being a sahm. That's why I'm taking an online medical transcription course that helps with job placement after completion to try and get an at home job. But my choices are pretty limited.
Ultra_
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:01 AM
I don't want a job enough. I get fulfilled by doing the things I might get a job doing as a volunteer or a hobby. I prefer too be with my kids. Plus my husband works nights. I worked for a year. We never saw each other. It was horrible. So I'd need a night job so we could see each other. Day care isn't open at night, so it just doesn't make sense. This works for us!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)