Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

SAHMs, why do you do it?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm not judging stay-at-home-moms at all just trying to figure out why you stay at home instead of working from home or working outside the home.

Why do you do it? What are the pros and cons of staying at home?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Replies (41-50):
sjenkins8208
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I get to spend my days with my child how I want to, until they're in school. My biggest concern was how working moms find time to pick up their kids or be home with them when school is out. Or if the kid is suddenly sick and I'm stuck at work, what do I do? 

Honestly it's just a lifestyle I've always wanted. I've wanted to have the working husband and for me to stay home and make our house beautiful and be there for our kids while they're still home. Luckily the man I married had the same views on life. When our kids are out of the house we plan on me staying home, unless I want to work. And if I ever changed my mind about being a sahm I would work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I have kids therefore I raise them. If I didn't intend to raise my own children I wouldn't have had them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I do it for something you could NEVER pay me enough to give up, always being there for my family. Never having to choose between work or my kids. 

som610
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Because I want to be the one to raise my kids.. My hubby makes good money so we can. :)

lunyuny
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Eat Bon Bons and watch Oprah
MyNameIs-
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:57 PM
1. We can afford it
2. Child care is very expensive and my income barely covered it
3. It is important for me to be a big part of my childrens' lives. Especially when they are very young
4. I had a year maternity leave and just did not want to go back
5. Taking care of young children (babies/toddlers) and holding down a full time job is stressful and difficult

All that being said, in the fall I'm going back to work. I'm starting to go a little stir crazy and my youngest dd could use some time with other kids.
iHEAVENn
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Because my hubby does not clean much..... when we were both working the house was a wreck.. :| 

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Hunter Xavier:--:EDD 7-12-14:-

baby development

MyNameIs-
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:59 PM
That's what is bugging me about going back. But I have a friend who has a dd the same age and I think I can get my dd to go home after school with her until I get home. I don't know what will happen if she suddenly gets sick. My previous employer was amazing about letting me leave or staying home if she was sick.

Quoting sjenkins8208:

I get to spend my days with my child how I want to, until they're in school. My biggest concern was how working moms find time to pick up their kids or be home with them when school is out. Or if the kid is suddenly sick and I'm stuck at work, what do I do? 

Honestly it's just a lifestyle I've always wanted. I've wanted to have the working husband and for me to stay home and make our house beautiful and be there for our kids while they're still home. Luckily the man I married had the same views on life. When our kids are out of the house we plan on me staying home, unless I want to work. And if I ever changed my mind about being a sahm I would work.

Pink.Frosting
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:59 PM

I worked outside the home for many years.  Life was so much more stressful, trying to fit everything in.  I felt like I lived in survival mode.  Now I'm home and it's like taking a deep breath and being able to relax and not go at a pace that runs me into the ground. 

sjenkins8208
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Oh yes. Some employes are great about it, but then I can't blame the employers who aren't because it really isn't their problem. It just seems easier to me, because we can financially, to stay home.

Quoting MyNameIs-: That's what is bugging me about going back. But I have a friend who has a dd the same age and I think I can get my dd to go home after school with her until I get home. I don't know what will happen if she suddenly gets sick. My previous employer was amazing about letting me leave or staying home if she was sick.

Quoting sjenkins8208:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN