Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHMs, why do you do it?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm not judging stay-at-home-moms at all just trying to figure out why you stay at home instead of working from home or working outside the home.

Why do you do it? What are the pros and cons of staying at home?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Because I love spending time with my son more than anything in the world and we can afford it. We are doing great financially and I have been there for every special moment my son has had. I haven't missed anything. To me, these memories are what life is about and I wouldn't trade that for any job or amount of money. What I have is priceless and I'm blessed to be able to watch my son grow. It's beautiful :) 

ICUTROLLIN
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:41 PM
We can afford it, and I can't think of anything more important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I am a babysitter/nanny. I can take my dd with me. I am also a student to better myself. 

lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Primarily because we didn't want our children in daycare and without family close by, it was the only option for us if I worked outside the home.  I grew up attending daycare and didn't like it, I simply wanted something different for my own children.

Also, we waited to have children, so by the time I got pregnant, we no longer needed two incomes, so quitting my job wasn't a financial hardship.

I've never regretted the decision for me to stay home -- not for a second.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

mom4awesomekids
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM
My girls have special needs and this way I can be home with them and they are in school readiness so they only go to school 2 days a week half days. This fall when they are both in kindergarten ill be going back to work. Then I wouldn't have to pay daycare.
inmybizz
by Trixie on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

At this point in my life I don't need to work. We felt it was more important for me to stay home with the kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
because i wanted to raise my kids not pay someone else to do it
othermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:09 AM

The cost of day care while I work. I did work opposite shifts of my husband for a few years, but haven't been able to get a part time job like that again. Spending time witht he kids right now is nice.

othermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I do work at home a little to bring in a little money, plus sell out grown clothes and stuff and couponing and doing other things to make and save money

suziejax
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:10 AM

cause god called me to be in the home.i love what I do. And actually i work from home at same time and love it. I love being here for my family . I also homeschool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)