Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would YOU put up with this??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

My best friend's husband got fired from his job, not laid off, but flat out fired because he totally screwed up and cost the company about $10K. That was 6mos ago. He hasn't worked a day since then, nor has he even TRIED to find another job. Instead, he lays on the couch playing video games, eating junk, drinking beer, and bitching about how tired he is that the house is always dirty, the three kids are loud and in the way, and how she doesn't ever want to have sex anymore. He's gained about 20lbs since he was fired, too, and seldom showers. He's just gross in both looks and attitude. For some reason, though, my friend just keeps letting him do this. She works as a nurse with super long shifts and crazy hours and if the kids aren't at school or daycare, they're with a sitter. Her husband does absolutely nothing.

Would you put up with YOUR SO being a lazy bum like this, treating you like crap, and making your life miserable?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Absolutely not!

Mishy2
by Michelle on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:02 PM

No I would not.

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun & friendly place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat.   

GetOffMySushi
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

No way. He sounds depressed which may be why he is unmotivated, but it's still not an excuse for his behavior.

nurse1997
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

This is all new she will put her foot down soon enough !

babyspots17
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:26 PM

No

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:27 PM
5 moms liked this
I would assume he was terribly depressed and I would work him through it. That would be completely out of character for my husband and I would get him through it no matter what it took.
BL2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:08 PM

No freakin' way.

BL2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:09 PM

It's been six months. She should have done that already

Quoting nurse1997:

This is all new she will put her foot down soon enough !

GertieK
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you kidding me?  Not just no, but, HELL NO!  We have a country full of men who have been convinced that this is ok, and until - on a personal level -  people start putting their foot down it will only get worse.  Until he has a job, his job is to find a job.  He should work at it at least 8 hours/day until he succeeds.  He is actually making it more difficult for her.  If nothing else, she should be able to lose the sitter/daycare and he take care of the kids at home.  As it is, he not only is contributing no income - but is probably eating her out of house and home, creating bigger messes, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:37 AM
I did for awhile. Then I divorced him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)