Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Your daycare did WHAT?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Let's get some stories flying!

Licensed In homes/Centers and Unlicensed In homes.

Licensed Centers-

One left a sleeping infant inside during a fire drill.

One CLOSED up the building, leaving a 9 month old asleep in a crib!

One didn't get a SINGLE infant out of the building for a fire drill!

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellysparkles
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:43 PM

The little boy that I sit for was shaken by his first sitter.  He was in PICU for months.

Then, the daycare after that, the first one after his injury, was so worried about him getting hurt that they'd leave him in the swing all day. 

He came to me at 7 months and could barely sit up by himself :(

However, he's near perfect now and has made an amazing recovery!

kitty8199
by Nicole on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:45 PM
One here left a 2 year old girl in a car seat on a field trip.
They were suppossed to have two people sign they checked.
They signed but didn't check.
The little girl died of heat stroke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
One here many yrs ago was shut down bc a meth lab was discovered in the basement. The man and woman who owned the building and ran the daycare were charged. But only the man did time. After he was released they reopened the same daycare! They were both charged on sseparate charge of child neglect for leaving a newborn and his 5/6 yo sister in the van. They now sit in jail.
Mommatoobe
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM

That same thing happen in Wasilla, AK!

Quoting Anonymous: One here many yrs ago was shut down bc a meth lab was discovered in the basement. The man and woman who owned the building and ran the daycare were charged. But only the man did time. After he was released they reopened the same daycare! They were both charged on sseparate charge of child neglect for leaving a newborn and his 5/6 yo sister in the van. They now sit in jail.

PartyOfCuatro
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was 17 fresh out of high school,  I got a job at a daycare thinking it be fun to work with kids.  I had no training days, no orientation and 1st day left me in charge of 12-2 year olds.  All they said was good luck,  you can take them outside later.  I only worked there one day.

athorne
by Anna on Mar. 2, 2014 at 6:56 PM
This is a shame. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM
In my state, they'd be shut down. It would NOT happen in the center I teach in. We are very vigilant and cautious. Constantly counting kids, checking bathrooms , etc.
stargazerwolf
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Wow so sad! It is very scary to leave our kiddos in the hands of strangers...luckily my daughters current in home daycare is a licensed daycare and they are wonderful! Very small amount of kids there too. They used to be a daycare center then she close that and just is doing it out of her home (she hated having to be so concerned about the money)

mommawhite08
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Left my 2 year old in the same pull up all day..... It was her last day

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
My son was 2 and was left outside on the playground. He was crying banging in the door to get in when they found him about a half an hour later.

The owner told us about it, the teacher was fired, the director was fired and we were reimbursed 4 weeks. I wish my don was more verbal so he could have told me more. I think that's the saddest thing, the kids are too small to tell their own story, so you have to rely in what you're told by the staff, which obviously have their business in mind when sharing details.

I pulled him out that day ("luckily" it was a Friday).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my in-home center lady.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)