Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Oil Pulling

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:11 AM
  • 7 Replies

I just heard of this the other day from my sister.  Have any of you done this or do any of you do this?  She is doing a 30 day trial to see if it really works.  

Here is a link that talks more about it.  I can't make it clicky though :(

www.mindbodygreen.com/0-7857/why-you-should-start-oil-pulling-today.html

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BL2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Hmm, never heard of this before. Don't think it's something I'd try.

143myboys9496
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Interesting..I might consider trying that.

Dqnana
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:33 PM

I love coconut oil and use it for cooking, baking and on my terribly dry skin (not from the same jar!) ... and I have thought of trying it for dental oil pulling.  Don't know if it works ... but I don't think it will hurt!

Gingered
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM

I started four days ago. I have receeding gums and am hoping that it helps. I do see a difference in the color. They are already whiter.

Runner36
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:36 AM

that is awesome...can you keep me/us updated as to your progress?  I have receeding gums as well...had to switch tooth brushes and such...

Quoting Gingered:

I started four days ago. I have receeding gums and am hoping that it helps. I do see a difference in the color. They are already whiter.

CafeMom Tickers
Gingered
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Sure, I am using coconut oil. At first it was hard to handle. I like coconut, so the flavor isn't bad, it was putting a clump of solid oil in my mouth that was kind of gross. lol It dissolves quickly though.

Quoting Runner36:

that is awesome...can you keep me/us updated as to your progress?  I have receeding gums as well...had to switch tooth brushes and such...

Quoting Gingered:

RenaissanceSoul
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM

no lol i dont think i will

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)