Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Pushing 30

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

So today I had a moment during my day where I was like, "Oh my goodness, I am going to be 30 in seven months." I am not sur whether to be sad about this or happy. I mean, turning 30 is better than the alternative of not seeing 30, right? I am trying to remain positive about this. But for some reason turning 30 feels like I have to be a "real grown up." My husband asked me if I want to have a big party or keep it small, or at all. Not sure what to do about that. Eeeekkkk! I guess I just needed to get that out there! confused

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjmorrison
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:23 AM
3 moms liked this

It's no big deal, I'm 53 (pronounced twenty nine) and I have done nothing but improve with age.

linmei
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
30 is creeping up on me too. I feel the same way. I feel like I'm losing my youthful glow , starting to notice aging lol it sounds crazy but I'm dreading my 30th b day.
SarahLizyB
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I turned 30 last week. My 20s were filled with finding myself and insecurity. I'm thrilled to start my 30s with confidence and sure of the person I am. It just took me 30 years to get this happy and healthy
mgm_5
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
As long as u don't look and feel 30 you're good =)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Me too. Gonna be 53 in a month!! Heck, I had my first baby a month after I turned 30.

Quoting mjmorrison:

It's no big deal, I'm 53 (pronounced twenty nine) and I have done nothing but improve with age.

mjmorrison
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:26 AM
2 moms liked this

2 months after my 30th  for me and we were only blessed with one.

Quoting Anonymous: Me too. Gonna be 53 in a month!! Heck, I had my first baby a month after I turned 30.
Quoting mjmorrison:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I am going on 38 this year, and when I turned 30, I was diagnosed with cancer. I'm in remission, and the doctor told me that I am doing good
musicaldoula
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

30's are the best!

myempyreofdirt
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll be 30 in October and I feel the same way. I was on facebook the other day, and an old friend was wishing her little brother happy birthday. He was maybe 6 the last time I saw him (my friend changed schools and we lost touch), so I clicked his profile to see how the little guy was doing. He's in his 20's now and looks like an underwear model! I feel so OLD.
RitaTequila531
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Eh, its just a number. Whether you like it or not doesn't change the fact that we all have to age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)