Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are you looking forward to or dreading the time change this weekend? (3/9)

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:38 AM
  • 247 Replies

For most areas of the US, Daylight Savings Time begins this Sunday, March 9th, which means it's time to "spring forward" and lose an hour's sleep.

clock

Are you looking forward to or dreading the time change this weekend?

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:42 AM
5 moms liked this

I'm completely dreading it. I wish we'd just switch to the DST time and STAY THERE! LOL

But it should be a fun weekend anyway since my oldest is having a sleepover and we're going to order Papa John's Pizza.

eating

nana776
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:01 AM
6 moms liked this

I'm looking forward to it!!! It means spring is right around the corner. I love the extra sunshine. Losing the hour sleep has never bothered me, I just try to go to bed earlier.

mombrain1994
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:05 AM
4 moms liked this

Ahhh crap is it here already?

Saharra
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:07 AM
I'm with Nana on this one! After this long winter, I am SOOOO ready to spring forward and find the light at the end of the winter tunnel! Lol. I get up really early in the winter because I can't sleep anyway. So, I guess I'm already used to it and it just means I will be sleeping in later ;)

Quoting nana776:

I'm looking forward to it!!! It means spring is right around the corner. I love the extra sunshine. Losing the hour sleep has never bothered me, I just try to go to bed earlier.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I do love the spring and extra sunshine, but not that time change part, lol. I do go to bed earlier, but it doesn't seem to help. Do you have any other tricks for making it work for you?

Quoting nana776:

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Unfortunately, yes, lol. It's so silly, isn't it, that we switch to DST for 9mos out of the year, then back for 4mos? Do you feeel "time change lag" the day after changing like we do?

Quoting mombrain1994:

Ahhh crap is it here already?

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I do like the spring and this has been a TOUGH winter for most everyone with all the cold and snow and everything. I'm ready for the sunshine, warmer temps, etc. Do you get up early just because or for work, school, etc.? We're up at 6:30 here for school and work but still won't like the time change, lol.

Quoting Saharra: I'm with Nana on this one! After this long winter, I am SOOOO ready to spring forward and find the light at the end of the winter tunnel! Lol. I get up really early in the winter because I can't sleep anyway. So, I guess I'm already used to it and it just means I will be sleeping in later ;)

Saharra
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:33 AM
No, I will it was for something! I just can't sleep in. No matter how hard I try ;) I can go to bed at 1 and be up by 5. I can go to bed at 10 and still be up by 5. That's just what my body does. So now I will just go to bed at 9 and be up by 4 for a little while and then I will adjust back to 5. Lol. We should do time changes on a Friday night to make it easier to adjust for the kids ;)

Quoting Cafe Steph:

I do like the spring and this has been a TOUGH winter for most everyone with all the cold and snow and everything. I'm ready for the sunshine, warmer temps, etc. Do you get up early just because or for work, school, etc.? We're up at 6:30 here for school and work but still won't like the time change, lol.

Quoting Saharra: I'm with Nana on this one! After this long winter, I am SOOOO ready to spring forward and find the light at the end of the winter tunnel! Lol. I get up really early in the winter because I can't sleep anyway. So, I guess I'm already used to it and it just means I will be sleeping in later ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I love more daylight at night.  It takes a few days to get used to it.  Also hoping my dog will wake up at the usual time which means an hour later!!  Yay

nana776
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that people convince themselves that since they are losing an hour of sleep, they are going to be tired. Once you tell your brain that, it makes sure that it happens. It's kind of like a computer executing the commands given to it. Change the data input and you get a different result.

So, that being said, try telling yourself that you will feel good and energized. I'm a firm believer in positive thinking can make a world of difference.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

I do love the spring and extra sunshine, but not that time change part, lol. I do go to bed earlier, but it doesn't seem to help. Do you have any other tricks for making it work for you?

Quoting nana776:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)