Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are you looking forward to or dreading the time change this weekend? (3/9)

Posted by   + Show Post

For most areas of the US, Daylight Savings Time begins this Sunday, March 9th, which means it's time to "spring forward" and lose an hour's sleep.

clock

Are you looking forward to or dreading the time change this weekend?

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Replies (241-247):
myloveismyfaith
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:13 PM
She just turned four. When we moved she was really sick, so her sleep schedule was all wrong, all day, anyways and I think it helped her adjust a lot easier.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Oh no, adjusting to a new time zone AND the time change? That sounds awful! How old is your little one?

Quoting myloveismyfaith: Im so not looking forward to it. We just moved from NY to CO, a week ago and me and the munchkin are just getting used to that two hour time change, and dh's new work schedule, from up at 6:30am to 3:30am. I just want some sleep. Lol.

mom_dl6
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:30 PM

First we gotta go through all our cook books and then pick 5 for the week. I'm thinking Lasagna for tonight so now 4,we just need to figure out yummy desserts to match .  

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Lovely, lol. We're doing spring cleaning in two weeks. The new recipes sounds fun, though. What sorts of things are you going to try out with her?

Quoting mom_dl6:

Well  it's the ALL Dreaded Spring Cleaning this week. So I'm sure she'll be ready to go back to School on the 17th LOL.  I'm gonna work with her in the Kitchen as well. Trying out some new Recipes,She's really looking forward to that.  And will work in some time for a couple Movies for her. WOW i'm tired already....LOL !

Quoting Cafe Steph:

LOL, I wouldn't, either. That's really great timing for the time change. Mine always go late March or early April. I'm just hoping we can do SOMETHING fun this time out. What about you? Any plans for the week?

Ecookson08
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I don't like losing an hour of sleep, but I'm glad spring is almost here.

kimberliah78
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I was dreading it already.. and then I ended up staying up with my son, who was sick, all night long and now I've been at work since 6 this morning... this time change can shove it!

HistoryNutty
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:35 PM
It didn't for once. We ended up mostly staying home because we're trying to get the three year olds sleep schedule back on track. She started taking naps again.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

How was your weekend? Did it rain the whole time?

Quoting HistoryNutty: I have a three year old and a four month old.

The rain actually started last night. It's been humid all day, it needs to rain.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

I hate it when it's sunny all week and then rains the weekend. That sounds like a lot of fun. How old are your kids?

MeAndTommyLee
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:59 PM

I don't see the point in this practice; nor have I ever.

nerthus
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:57 AM

weve had a crazy winter; one day low as single digit temps and ice everywhere, then it yo-yos to spring-like temps and wind; this past week one day it was a low of 16 and got up into the 50's, then a day or two later the low was 50's and it was 80 degrees, ha, then the next day it was 19 in the morn and barely 39 degrees for the high. For pity's sake, weather, make up your mind!

Quoting Cafe Steph:

I think it would be better to just let us naturally adjust to how things change and keep the clocks the same, but it is nice when you can spend more time outside in the evenings. It's really hot here in AL, too, but I know TX gets a lot hotter. Have you had a colder than usual winter, too, this year?

Quoting nerthus:

I hate springing forward, sigh; I am a night person and having to get up even earlier when it's barely light out makes me feel even more tired in the morning. I also don't really love having extra daylight in the evening because it gets my autistic daughter all agitated and takes even longer to settle her down and get her to go to bed. So for our personal family lifestyle, I like the fall back time change the best. Spring is gonna come whether you change the clocks or not,ha, though I get that lots of you enjoy having more daylight later into the evening. I loved it too as a kid, wanted the 'summer' time to never end; but as an adult my own biorthythms or whatever react best to not getting up till the sun is up higher and feeling more relaxed when dusk falls and it isn't so bright out still. I live in Texas where it's just so damned HOT in late spring and summer and when it takes so long for the sun to go down it just stays so hot and at 11 at night it's still 90 damned degrees out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)