Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Did you allow visitors?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:21 PM
  • 196 Replies
1 mom liked this
My brother and his girlfriend just had a baby girl. They allowed visitors at the hospital and invited me to visit the first day they brought home there daughter from the hospital...almost two weeks ago. They are now saying no visitors till 6 weeks because its the doctor recommendation. Did you follow this guideline completely or did you allow immediate family to visit the first few weeks?
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
renabeth
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this

We let whoever wanted to come over to come by. The doctors just told us to be cautious about people that don't have the Whooping Cough vaccine, which most of our friends and family had it already.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:51 PM
6 moms liked this
6 weeks??? That is bizarre. Yes, the followingt day coworkers who worked next door came over. Yes, at home of course. I went everywhere with my baby and people came over. I have never heard of or got that recommendation in my life.
trulyblessed618
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:29 PM
I was very cautious not to kiss or breath on the baby....and when I had a little cold I even told them I would not be coming by till I was 110% better. It is always some weird and bizarre things in my family...I understand where they are coming from but with all the weirdness in my family im just feeling like something is always spoiling something special.

Quoting Anonymous: 6 weeks??? That is bizarre. Yes, the followingt day coworkers who worked next door came over. Yes, at home of course. I went everywhere with my baby and people came over. I have never heard of or got that recommendation in my life.
suzanneyea
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:30 PM
4 moms liked this

No visitors at the hospital. My in laws are still pissed about that.

KJST1982
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM
I had visitors the day I had my kids, a waiting room full of people. And they kept coming every day during my 4 day stay. Then tons of visitors as soon as I got home....
MinglingMom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

We let a few family memberscome by and visit but we were very strict about people washing their hands since DD was born in December, right in the middle of flu season.

trulyblessed618
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I was also very strict...just allowing very close family members..I was just a little taken back because im the auntie and 6 weeks seems so long. I respect there decision but its just always always something involving anything in my family.
Mrseoc
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM
5 moms liked this

I didnt have many people over at the beginning. I wanted to be alone so i could nurse/ sleep on my own time without having to entertain, or clean up after guests.

The six week rule thing sounds like a convineint excuse. I'd give them their space. If it's their first then they need some adjustment time.

vlbomar
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:07 AM
4 moms liked this
We build our immune system by being exposed to germs.... anyone who wanted to see them came over. They've been pretty healthy.
awesomemommy2
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM
4 moms liked this

Germs are germs so they are probably trying not to hurt anyones feelings and just making a blanket ban.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN