Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad Day

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:12 PM
  • 2 Replies

Sorry to be a bummer on here, but I just needed to vent to someone.  I guess if I'm being honest I can't really say it was a bad day as a whole.  In general I love my job and can't even think about where I would be with out it.  My boss is amazing and so are my co workers.  They are all kind loving and considerate.  The one problem though is when it comes to taking time off.  I haven't called in sick in close to two years, I rarely leave early and when I do I always come right back and work over to make up for it (only when I get a call saying the kids are sick and need to be taken to the doctor or something like that).  I take about a weeks vacation once a year and never all in a row.  You would think that when I finally do take time off I wouldn't have any reason to feel guilty, however that is not the case.  The second I come back I here about how hard it was on people while I was out.  I know its hard on people thats why I don't take off, and believe me if I didn't have to take off I wouldn't, but in this situation I had to take off.  I flew out of town to bring my nephew home, he is in my custody now.  It was a court appointed thing and I had to take off to do it.  I have two kids now that I need to take care of and I hate feeling guilty when I take off work to do it.  Let me state again, that I love my job, boss, and co workers.  I just get a little irritaded when I'm made to feel like the bad guy for taking time off.  I'll admit though I probably am over sinsitive because I was stressing about work to whole time I was gone.  I'm sure no one was intentionally tying to push any buttons.  I just hate that I can't leave that place and every really get a break.

Again I'm sorry to post something negitive, just venting to someone who will listen and not judge.

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mishy2
by Michelle on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Aww that stinks. Try not to worry too much, you needed the time off and even so we all need breaks from time to time. Don't worry :)

Quoting tabithab25:

Sorry to be a bummer on here, but I just needed to vent to someone.  I guess if I'm being honest I can't really say it was a bad day as a whole.  In general I love my job and can't even think about where I would be with out it.  My boss is amazing and so are my co workers.  They are all kind loving and considerate.  The one problem though is when it comes to taking time off.  I haven't called in sick in close to two years, I rarely leave early and when I do I always come right back and work over to make up for it (only when I get a call saying the kids are sick and need to be taken to the doctor or something like that).  I take about a weeks vacation once a year and never all in a row.  You would think that when I finally do take time off I wouldn't have any reason to feel guilty, however that is not the case.  The second I come back I here about how hard it was on people while I was out.  I know its hard on people thats why I don't take off, and believe me if I didn't have to take off I wouldn't, but in this situation I had to take off.  I flew out of town to bring my nephew home, he is in my custody now.  It was a court appointed thing and I had to take off to do it.  I have two kids now that I need to take care of and I hate feeling guilty when I take off work to do it.  Let me state again, that I love my job, boss, and co workers.  I just get a little irritaded when I'm made to feel like the bad guy for taking time off.  I'll admit though I probably am over sinsitive because I was stressing about work to whole time I was gone.  I'm sure no one was intentionally tying to push any buttons.  I just hate that I can't leave that place and every really get a break.

Again I'm sorry to post something negitive, just venting to someone who will listen and not judge.

tabithab25
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Thank you : ) I think I just need thicker skin.

Quoting Mishy2:

Aww that stinks. Try not to worry too much, you needed the time off and even so we all need breaks from time to time. Don't worry :)

Quoting tabithab25:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)