Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Sister/ Husband

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 3:30 PM
  • 36 Replies

I have fallen on hard times. Was evicted from my apt now staying with my Sister. Never ever have I asked her for anything I asked if I could stay with her and her husband till I can get a job, I have been here 2weeks and there is nothing that I do is ok with her. ( I'm 53 ) she complained how and where I park, she calls her hubby evedyday to find out if I'm just sitting or out . SHE BANGS on the door at 7am and I mean BANGS to make sure I'm not sleeping., She makes it known I'm not welcomed here. 

The other day I told my BIL that I will by the corned beef for St Patty' s day So I figure we aol go to the local market and pick one up, On Friday, my Sister and he came in and gave me the recipt.they spent 100.00 bucks for 2 slabs of corned beef! There are only 3 here. Now I'm upset that I have to give them 100 bucks for something they should have gotten at a regular supermarket instead of a place that you buy in bulk.Should I not be upset? I FEEL THAT I was taken advantage of. Am I wrong to be upset? I help with dinner and other means but I thought this crossed the line.

by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiwiskiwi29
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 3:35 PM

That really sucks. I'm sorry you have fallen on hard times. Is there anywher else you can stay? I would be upset too.

Tink61
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Other than a shelter no.

Tink61
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I have never felt more alone than I do now

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope things get better for you soon.   No, you are not wrong to be upset.  But $100 for 2 weeks room and board is a good deal.  Have you and your sister talked about what each expects for your stay?  She may feel that by you staying with her she is the one being taken advantage off.  Her banging on the door may be her way of making sure you are not 'taking it easy on her dime'  and are trying to get back on your own two feet..  A simple 'contract' may go a long way to 'fixing' the situation.  

pinkfairy0206
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow I'm so sorry. Where you guys close growing up?? She sounds like a difficult person to get along with.

Quoting Tink61:

I have never felt more alone than I do now

Tink61
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 4:50 PM
I'm sorry but I'm her life when she stayed with my mother and her family they were not charged and for anyone to charge there family is so wrong! Btw her kids pay for most everything and they are married with their own famines
theresaphilly
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM

I am sorry that you have fallen on hard time, when a friend and her family fell on hard times, they stayed with us for almost two years. My hubby and I never asked anything from them, plus she did most of the house cleaning and cooking. I am sorry that your sister is not being sensitive, it is not like you want to be an dependent adult. I would not bug you unless you are not doing something, like taking care of the household and helping with dinner. 

Tink61
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM
It's very humiliating as a 53 yr old to all of a sudden be in the position that I am in. My Sister doesn't do ANYTHING no cooking, cleaning, laundry or even take out the garbage. Her husband has ALWAYS done everything.
If I try to help he gets mad. I told my sister I would lock myself in the room so I won't be in anyone's face. So I do.
I'm sleeping on MY RECLINER not even a bed . I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I would never treat anyone, especially one in my position, the way I have been treated.
No we were never close. My Nephew and Sisters have a problem with her also.
In fact my Nephew yelled at her because of how I was being treated.
I feel like such a burden. Family should never be a burden.
I am a bundle of nerves. I think I'm going to start living out of my car.
I'm stressed as it is and I don't need this to put me over the edge. I'm just crying and crying and crying. I would never hurt anyone more than they already are.
I hate my life and if I wasn't so chicken I would end it now,
heldcaptiveby2
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:19 PM
I hope things get better for you soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I would go to a shelter, they have really nice shelters now, apartment styles places.  I wouldn't stay anywhere i am not welcome and i would be sure to tell them you all don't have to worry about seeing me ever again.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN