Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How much did you spend on your bedroom furniture?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:35 PM
  • 25 Replies
How much did you spend on your bedroom furniture ? Did you have a specific taste or did you just go for what you could afford ?
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:37 PM

$ 2800 solid mahogany on sale. Armoire, triple dresser with mirror 2 night stands and a pencil post Queen sized bed.

The_Doodle
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing. My mother in law owned a furniture store that she closed down and she gave us the set.

ZoeCY
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Well ours right now is just a mishmash. We just have the mattress and a Hollywood frame together those cost us about $1500.  I got our nightstands for $30 and our dressers were passed down to us.  It is partially that we just have gotten what we can afford but I also have yet to find a bed that I really like, if I could do that then I would get it and we would get other furniture that went with it. 

sweetsavannah10
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:41 PM

None, my grandma donated it all to us when she moved into a smaller home (she had 2 bedroom sets and only needed one so she gave the other to us)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Zero for the bed, dh's dresser and end table came from my dad. Our previous set was 80 from a very good friend's estate sale, I still have the dresser
mariesmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:54 PM

what we could afford

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:21 PM

We have Stickley bedroom furniture.  Well most all of our furniture is Stickley. 

Mommy1438
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Nothing. Everything in my bedroom belonged to a family member or family friend at some point, except the $20 toy bins from Walmart and the $160 Delta crib from Sears. Yay for generosity and sharing! Lol I will probably spend A LOT when I get my own place :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reuacod
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:24 PM
About $700. Ikea :)
cakklove
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Not a penny lol.  We got a pretty nice bed from an older couple at church.  They bought it and it was too soft for them so they wanted to give it to someone who needed one and we got it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)