Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I need GIANT ideas!!!

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:36 PM
  • 9 Replies

We live on a farm (nope - no animals. Unless you count the cats, snakes, raccoons etc...).  Every year for Easter, I try to get my kiddos something to do - outside.  So far we have a trampoline, a pool, various tree swings and your basic outside 'stuff' (frisbees, footballs, etc.).  This year I was hoping for a slide but they are more expensive than I thought.  I need ideas - and quick! 

By the way, my kiddos are 15, 11 (both ds) and 3 (dd).

Thanks so much!!! 

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AJsMom81507
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:57 PM
2 moms liked this

ATVs, dirt bikes

MWright02
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Last year i got my kids a sandbox! and bought different colors of sand and we all play together making castles etc. I dont buy my kids a bunch of candy and junk. They get 1 family gift something they can all do together (bond) and a chocolate bunny or something.

Also, they write the Easter bunny what they want for Easter, some ideas, put it into a plastic Easter egg and hide it outside for the bunny. My oldest (^6 yrs old)) is freaked out with the Easter bunny he sets up all night with his Nerf gun something about a life size rabbit with giant teeth coming to his house...LOL only my kid would think like this LOL!

MWright02
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Make sure it has a lid to protect from spiders, snakes, cats using it as a litter box etc. It is very affordable too! WARNING: NOT A GOOD IDEA PUTTING IT IN THE PATIO OR CAR PORT ESPECIALLY IF IT HAS CARPET IN IT!

Mafrierye
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Forgot to mention we have a sand box which is kept tight from the cats.  Crickets and spiders are another story. 

We also have to think about the wind.  We used cargo straps attached to anchors that screw four feet into the ground!

tansyflower
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

install a zip line over the pool.  trust me your kids will LOVE it!  your insurance company not so much lol :)

Mafrierye
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Yeah, they already get to drive farm equipment including a gator. 

Quoting AJsMom81507:

ATVs, dirt bikes

indiamom3
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I was going to say zip line but somebody beat me to it! How about a basketball hoop?
Mafrierye
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:24 AM

OH MY GOSH!

I never even thought about a zip line.  That's what they're getting.  No, it will not be over the pool LOL! 

Thanks everyone!!!

MWright02
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:54 PM

I personally LOVE SLIP AND SLIDES!!!!! Use baby oil its the best you can use it even when the weather is not warm enough for water. Or give them a weekend getaway at an indoor waterpark, zoo etc. For birthdays instead of wasting money on a birthday party that no one comes to we go on mini vacations. They get 2 or 3 gifts a cake and a mii vacation everyone gets involved and its FUN!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN