Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Is it ever OK to have sex around your kid?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies

My next door neighbor was sitting out on the balcony patio today talking on the phone while I was out there reading. She's always really loud and I folded up everything and started to go inside but then I stopped when I overheard her talking about having sex while her daughter is in the room. Her daughter's either 3 or 4 years old.

Anyway, I was surprised by that, to be honest, but IDK... am I a prude or is it really NOT okay to have sex when your kid's in the room, especially at a toddler age or beyond? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sister_Someone
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:28 PM
4 moms liked this

Infants that don't walk or talk yet, maybe, and that's a BIG maybe. I mean, it's not like the kid would remember it, but then, a baby is the least sexy backdrop I can possibly think of. I honestly don't know how I could get in the mood with my baby around.

Toddler and up, no fucking way.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Was she on the phone talking about it, or having it?
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Good Lord, no!

Never!

Rust.n.Gears
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Me never. Ever. My friend was talking once about when he was little his family all slept together and he remembers telling his parents to knock it off. Mind you he's Indian and his grandmother was sleeping with them as well. We all laughed because he can't even imagine doing that with his boy now.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Oh my gosh.never
MWright02
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

uh thats wieard it is not ok to have sex with your kid in the room no matter what age! I couldnt even try, that'd be a complete buzz kill. We always wait till the kids are asleep in bed or at there grandparents house. Jeez they could have went into another room even if they had to do it in the bathroom. Id hate my parents if they done that to me. I wouldnt be suprised if the kid didnt get curiuos and then start watching and asking questions!

momofsunshine77
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:37 PM

never

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM

no and how can you even be turned on around your kids anyway

Twix.Leigh
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:46 PM
I couldn't do it once they were older then a few months. Then again we always have other places to have sex, so it wasn't a problem.
I guess it depends, I mean if your kid is watching cartoons and you're fucking, Yea big problems. If its night and their sleeping, really is more of just how you feel about it, and being quiet. I couldn't though.
Mishy2
by Michelle on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:50 PM

no, never

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun & friendly place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)