Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are your kids allowed into you and your hubby's bedroom without having to ask?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Are they allowed in and out as they please?

ETA: To some moms that say that their room are "always off limits", why is that?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
whovianmum
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:48 PM

If the door's open sure,but we usually keep it closed because she will go in there just to jump on our bed lol.

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:49 PM

our room yes, our closet no

tennis4lissa
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Quoting pseudomamma: If the door is opened, they can come and go as they please. If the door is shut, they better knock. The 4 older ones learned that the hard way.

hahahahaha i love it, thats how it will be for me, but for now mine is only two so i dont have to worry too much, the door is always open

NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:50 PM

My 11 year old has no concept of privacy and i hate it.  A good example is last week DH and I were sitting alone in the dark on our bed.  It was about 8 or 9 so the kids were still up.  We were not having sex or anything, just enjoying some closeness,  fully clothed on top of the blankets.  

3 times she came into the room and we asked for privacy.   I had to get up and lock our door which I do not like doing because we have a 100 year old house with heavy solid oak doors with large brass locks, the kind with the old skeleton key.  It makes a loud clang if you try to open it and its locked.  We have a newborn in a bassinet in our room and I didnt want to wake her. 

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:54 AM
No.
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 22, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Yes if the door is open and we are in the bedroom but other wise no if the door is closed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Yep. Doesn't bother me at all.
Mom2five87
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:12 PM

No. The kids are not allowed in our room. That is the one room in the house that is off limits.

NativeMamaDuke
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:36 PM

When baby can start walking around and getting older, of course. To me it holds a sense of security for the child. No secrets to hide. My dad never let us in their room while im and my mom were together and he is like that with his current wife. I don't know why but i never feel like i can fully trust my dad. My mom didn't mind after they split though. me and my sisters could come and go and we pleased. I felt like i was able to trust my mom all the way. Just me though

lenashark
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:08 AM

No, we knock before going into their rooms and they knock before going into ours, its just a matter of respect and privacy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)