Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are your kids allowed into you and your hubby's bedroom without having to ask?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Are they allowed in and out as they please?

ETA: To some moms that say that their room are "always off limits", why is that?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
OrangeBalloon
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:10 AM

For now, yes. Although I admit that I'm getting tired of it. Me and dh have been talking about requiring our dd to knock before coming into our room. 

thefiregoddess
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Yep. Just knock first if the door is shut. Before maybe 3 years old open door policy
leanntx
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:12 AM
No, we keep the door locked when we're not in the room, and if it's shut, they don't come in without permission. If it's open, they can come in.
zoo003
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Yes.  We don't have any "off-limit" areas within our house.  However, if the door is closed, then they know that they need to knock and wait for an answer before coming in.  Other than that, they are welcome in all areas of our house.   

AbelsMommy01
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Sure, but they have fair warning. If I'm in my room, I'm probably naked, and I'm probably having sex with my husband. It's like an enter at your own risk type of deal.
RobinBright
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:21 AM

If one of us is in there and the door is open, they are free to join us to chat and hang out.  If the door is closed, they know to knock and wait--- that's true for every room in our house.  They have no need or interest to go in our bedroom when we're not in there.  

Of course, when it comes to sickness or injury, all bets are off and they don't knock and wait-- they're old enough to know the difference between WANTING attention (they can wait a moment) and NEEDING it.  

mhaney03
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:22 AM

no but they do it anyway

MelanieJK
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:32 AM

They're taught that any closed doors require knocking first whether it be a bathroom,   bedroom,   office etc.     

LordOfTheMoms
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Ummm....yes!

Unless you're having sex or something, lock the door!

Otherwise, why should your child have to knock?

Fields456
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:35 AM
This

Quoting waytomanykids10: Only when the door is open and we are in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN