Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are your kids allowed into you and your hubby's bedroom without having to ask?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Are they allowed in and out as they please?

ETA: To some moms that say that their room are "always off limits", why is that?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Replies (211-219):
Gwendlite
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous: ETA: To some moms that say that their room are "always off limits", why is that?

My reasoning is to learn boundaries and respect for adults.

eykelley
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Nope. My room is my sanctuary lol. They need to knock and ask permission.
baileymarie723
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:48 PM
There is nothing in our room that she would need, so she doesn't go in it. If I am in the room, and the door is open she can come in and talk to me, but if the door is closed she needs to wait since it usually means I am talking to my husband while he is changing.
Its.me.Sam.
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:49 PM

they knock first.  not allowed to just enter at will.  the rest of the house is free use for everyone.. mom and dad need private adult space.
that said.. they are always let in :) 

WritingMom777
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Our door is always open. Unless after DS is in bed and we are having sex we shut and lock the door. But DS is a very sound sleeper - once slept through tornado warnings and us picking him up, carrying him downstairs to a cold basement and sticking him on a bean bag on the floor until it was all over. He had no clue the next day.

But this is because DS was adopted at age 4 and a 1/2 and slept with us for awhile until he could acclimate to his own bed (he had never slept in a bed alone). Not sure if we would have done things differently if I had children from birth. Although I am pretty open so I can't imagine having a closed door policy. Obviously, we teach that he should knock on most doors (although I confess I don't when I enter his room but I am in and out all the time either checking on him or putting away laundry, etc. so it is not a big deal to him.) He mostly has the door shut to block out the sounds of us talking in the other room.

rae316
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Yes they are. They were also taught to knock on doors so if ours is closed, they need to knock first.
newwifenmom
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Mostly, at night though it's locked so he has to knock
mariesmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 6:09 AM

yup she's 4 and usually just wants aknowledgement and tucked back in her bed

Raeann11
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Yes, they can go into our room. The only reason they do is to watch some tv. Otherwise they don't bother going in. Oh and my little likes to take naps on our bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN