Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are your kids allowed into you and your hubby's bedroom without having to ask?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Are they allowed in and out as they please?

ETA: To some moms that say that their room are "always off limits", why is that?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
Derpy
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:36 AM

My bedroom has a Wii,A king sized bed and a bear as big as me sitting on the bed.
Of course they go in as they please 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Well seeing as the living room is my "bedroom"...they're definitely allowed in here without knocking/checking first. Their father and I do not share a bedroom. They don't knock/check before going up to their father's "bedroom" either. His is the only room on the second floor. The stairs lead into one huge room that was labeled in the selling ad as "one bedroom,equaling three bedrooms". He has all the cool stuff up there. It's like half his bedroom and half a video/t.v. room". They just walk up and do their thing. I guess we're strange. Yes,we've been married for almost 18 years.
mstasha210
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:41 AM

They know if the door is closed they have to knock but if it's open they can come in and out when we're in there.

Rlmama00
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:47 AM

If the door is open, yes they can come in. It's not a free for all in there though. I don't allow them to rummage through our things or anything like that. My parents were the complete opposite. I still won't go in their room with out being asked to.

saywatuwill
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:59 AM

They are only allowed in there when we are. They are 3 and 1 and could get hurt. 

squeekers
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:01 AM
DD is 17, so unless our door is closed, we do not disallow her to come inside.
CrossStitchMum
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:04 AM
The only time they can't come in is when the door is locked and that's only during 'adult time' I try to keep them out if DH is sleeping in there during the day but he usually naps on the couch anyway
ladymaleficent
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Um yes of course, my door is never shut or locked.
JakobsMom03
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:34 AM

I only close my door because the dogs sleep in our room, and I don't want them running amok while we sleep. During the day my door is always open. He usually knocks now, unless he's sick, then he'll just come in. I just feel I should be available if my child needs me, and he should feel I am. My parents always were. We were never chased out or expected to announce ourselves if we needed them and they were in their room.

We don't need him to stay out for "us time" though, he is with my parents or sister every weekend, and we have our time alone then.

BrittSam2011
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:54 AM

Doesn't really matter with us. The door is open most of the time and if it's not, we lock it. But that's usually only when DSS is over and I have to change my clothes or shower.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)