Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

you know it is sad when...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 136 Replies
1 mom liked this

I can't take my kids to the park in the late afternoon or evening because it is FULL of middle schoolers and teenagers swearing and smoking!!! 

Don't they have somewhere else they can go? 

Where are their parents!?!?

If you have a teen would you allow this behavior?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:31 AM
4 moms liked this

Parks are public areas and they can hang out there if they want. I would get on my kids for smoking, but there isn't a whole lot you can do about them cussing around other kids.

stcy79
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:32 AM
No. If I where u I would call maybe city hall or parks and rec people and see if they can start running them off. I wouldnt let my young boys play around that either. And when their teens I will not except that behavior

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

KyliesMom5
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:35 AM
11 moms liked this
That doesn't bother me. It's just when the teens destroy the equipment that i have a problem with them being there. Last summer, a teen thought that it would be a great idea to get into a baby swing and got stuck. The rescue squad had to come and cut the chains to get her out of the swing. I sat there and laughed at her.
.anonymous
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:56 AM
9 moms liked this
Smoking and swearing would definitely ruin it. However, I used to hang out at the park as a teen, and nobody complained. Probably because I didn't do anything kids don't need to see or hear. When my kid was a year to two years old, there were teenagers at the park; they were on the equipment my kid and I were playing on, and actually interacted with my kid. They were even totally cool with my kid plopping down next to them and mimicking the way they were sitting, lol. But unfortunately, not all kids, teenagers or younger, are being raised properly this day in age.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM
No, never did.
nurse1997
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:43 PM

No but it happens very often and I see it every where when it gets nicer !

NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I have 3 teens. I always ask them where they are going and what they are doing. Many times i follow up and check on them. Hanging out is not an option without an adult in range.
My 12 year old hangs out in the local park with her friends. But i can see it from my house. the moms she meets there ask for my cell so they can hire her to babysit. I know she is a good girl at the park or they wouldn't pay her to come to their homes!
My older kids don't go to the park and they were taught to watch their mouths when adults or smaller kids are around.
AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My one teen rather sit in the house and eat cookies with her friends. 

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I know where you're coming from but around here it also included gangs. My sons are all grown now but no that kind of behavior was not tolerated or accepted. Hugs

Runner36
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:38 PM
3 moms liked this

I have a middle schooler and I am appalled at the things that kids his age do!  And thankfully so is he!!!  I feel bad for him that he hardly has any friends because he won't do drugs, lie, bully, swear, etc.  I figure their parents don't feel like being bothered and don't keep a good eye on them.  

And heck NO I would never let my children act the way these kids do!  I have said on more than one occassion to my dh...I totally understand why parents homeschool!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)